Question Windows 10

Aug 26, 2018
I have Windows 10 64 bit. My issue is my PC does not detect any bluetooth devices. It doesn't pick up my PS4 controller or my Nintendo switch controller. I tried updating the bluetooth drivers they are all up to date. I bought a brand new bluetooth dongle and it still doesn't pick anything up. I tried googling my issue and to no avail, which is why I'm posting here now. Hopefully someone out there can assist me, if you need any more information I'll be glad to give it, thank you!

Bluetooth needs:
-to be on (check how to turn it on in win10, I dont know, google it).
-Have a program that will tell the Bluetooth to do something (usually in the OS).

For that youd need Drivers and checking that the drivers actually recognized the Bluetooth (this is 95% of the problems. The drivers are there, the dongle is there, but they dont find each other. Check the manual for the dongle. In some cases they will clearly state the order of driver install and dongle connection so that windows does not mess it up).
I suggest checking a phone first as those are the easiest to pick up.

Aug 26, 2018
@punkncat I turn on the bluetooth discovery on windows, I then hold down the bluetooth buttons on the controllers and wait to see if they sync, and they never do. I know I'm doing it the right way with the controllers so that isn't the issue. The radios setting is "Let apps control radio" that is on. The bluetooth setting is also obviously on.

@cats_Paw Ok I'll try to sync my phone and see if it works. Hopefully I can find the manual and I'll reply either way, thanks.

Aug 26, 2018
@cats_Paw I did everything you said and it still doesn't work. I even uninstalled it reinstalled/updated drivers and nothing still. Tried using a different port nothing. My cell wasn't picked up either. I went on the website and it doesn't have a download for the setup wizard, and I don't think my external CD drive can read the tiny disc that came with it.

TRENDING THREADS