[SOLVED] Windows 10

Sep 3, 2019
I have a new computer and tried moving my harddrive with windows 10 over to it but when I go to load it it says error no such device error unknown filesystem Grub rescue . Do I need to install anything else for it to read my system ?

Solution
Bought on eBay with old computer
OK, was this WIn 10 license ever activated and associated with your Microsoft account?
If a verifiable Yes, then you might be able to transfer this license to different hardware. Maybe.

If No or 'Unknown'...then you will need to purchase a valid OS license for your new system.
About $100US

And whatever happens with the license...it absolutely needs a full wipe and reinstall in this new system.

USAFRet

Titan
With a "new computer", a clean install is generally recommended, if not required.
Rather than just moving the drive from old system to new system.

GRUB? What was the configuration of the old system? Some dualboot with Linux, perhaps?

USAFRet

Titan
Bought on eBay with old computer
OK, was this WIn 10 license ever activated and associated with your Microsoft account?
If a verifiable Yes, then you might be able to transfer this license to different hardware. Maybe.

If No or 'Unknown'...then you will need to purchase a valid OS license for your new system.
About $100US

And whatever happens with the license...it absolutely needs a full wipe and reinstall in this new system.

Solution