Ryzen 9 7900X
Asus Strix B650E-F M
32GB Corsair Vengeance
Powercooler Radeon 7900XTX Red Devil
1TB WD Black NVMe GEN 4
850w MSI PSU
NZXT Kraken X73 360mm AIO

Issue:
I recently installed Windows 11 after purchasing the 1TB WD Black NVMe to upgrade from my 2 old Samsung NVMe drives. After doing so and installing all drivers my computer started randomly freezing. Windows will just completely freeze up with whatever is up on the screen at the time. No audio, no mouse movement or keyboard commands like CTRL+ALT+DEL working. And have to do a Hard Reset. Sometimes it will instantly freeze as soon as the Windows Dashboard comes up after logging into my PC. Sometimes it will wait until after a game of LoL finishes.

Fixes Attempted:
-Windows Memory Checker shows no errors
-Reinstalled windows 11 again
-disabled D.O.C.P. / EXPO
-Secure Erased the drive with both 4kb and 512b LBA in ASUS BIOS.

Notes:
My assumption is that it is a driver issue but I’m not sure which driver it could be. I think it might be one of the drivers for the mobo that i downloaded through the asus armory crate software. I tried downloading the chipset driver from the asus website instead (since i dont see the audio or lan/wifi drivers causing this) but it still randomly freezes. I have the most recent AMD adrenaline software but haven’t tried rolling back the gpu driver to a previous version yet. The programs i install are L3-connect (Lian-Li fan software), NZXT CAM (CPU Cooler software), Asus Armory Crate, iCUE(Corsair Software), Razer Synapse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events just before or at the time of the freeze ups.

Reliability History is much more end user friendly so start there. The timeline format can be very helpful.

Event Viewer requires more time and effort. No need rush through it.

FYI (from this Forum):

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

Also take a look in Update History for any failed or problem updates.

See what you can find. Error codes perhaps. They may or may not be helpful.....

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events just before or at the time of the freeze ups.

Reliability History is much more end user friendly so start there. The timeline format can be very helpful.

FYI (from this Forum):

Solution
Feb 27, 2023

FYI (from this Forum):

So after examining Event Viewer I noticed an Event ID 11 happening before each crash. "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\RaidPort". When i looked into it further, specifically regarding my WD_BLACK SN850X it turns out it was a big problem about a week ago specific to this drive on Windows 11 ver 22H2. I have since updated the firmware for the drive and things seem to be running fine now.
Thanks for reminding me about Event Viewer!