Question Windows 11 screen flickering (not sure why) explorer keeps restarting over and over again . What’s broken?

Oct 6, 2023
Good evening and happy spooky season fam

I was calmly opening CS2 cases on my little HP omen 15 laptop when the computer crashed. Upon reboot, I am getting constant flickering with no working startup, windows key, nothing.

A system restore to last week worked fine and computer ran fine, but another restart afterwards made the flickering come back. Tortured myself for 5 hours troubleshooting this until the restore point disappeared?

The only thing that works is task manager which lets me restart, but even that fails if I keep it alive too long. The flickering is so brutal even typing anything takes 5 minutes

View: https://imgur.com/a/jpdMZDY

not sure if computer is bricked or if this is just some weirded suspended explorer loop. Have tried closing explorer no luck, even tried disabling windows error service.

Any help is appreciated, thank you all!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you're able to reboot the laptop using the OS, hold down shift and hit Reboot from the start menu. Once done, you should be able to see a blue screen, click on Troubleshoot>Advanced options>Startup Repair or System restore.

Oct 6, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you're able to reboot the laptop using the OS, hold down shift and hit Reboot from the start menu. Once done, you should be able to see a blue screen, click on Troubleshoot>Advanced options>Startup Repair or System restore.
Hi thank you!

Yes I tried system restore, it would reboot to an old restore point and work fine but then if I ever shut down again same issue.

Startup repair didn’t help either

ubuysa

Distinguished
Does it do that whether it's on battery or mains power? Does it do it with the battery out and only on mains power? Does it do that when plugged in to an external monitor?

If there are any dumps in the sub-folders under C:\Windows\LiveKernelEvents please upload them to the cloud with a link to them here (be sure to make them public)

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS