Windows 7 BSOD 1000007e

Rear Bumper

Honorable
Sep 13, 2014
Never have I been unable to handle a BSOD on my own. Be it a simple driver fix, or even as far as a full re-install, I've always managed to get by without having to ask someone else for help.

Time to throw in that towel!

I've been getting the same BSOD every hour on the hour for the past two days, even through a full reinstall of my OS.

I don't know how to tell what the dump files mean, but I can post the last few ones here.

I've tried several things, including: Graphics card driver update, SATA drivers update, SSD firmware update, Removing sticks of RAM individually, Removing graphics card entirely, and a full re-install of windows 7- as well as booting to safe mode w/ networking.

All have resulted with the same BSOD, every hour around 16 minutes after.

That is, about 1:15 2:16 3:16 4:16 5:17 etc etc.

I'll also list my specs at the bottom- please, I beg of you, tell me how to fix this?

(Pastebin to conserve page space: http://pastebin.com/ARFPZfZJ )

PC Specs:
Asus LGA Pro Wifi-ac Motherboard
16gb 2133mhz G Skill Sniper Series RAM
Intel core i7 4790k Haswell 4.0ghz w/ Arctic Silver 5 (Cooler Master 212 Plus)
250gb Samsung SSD + 2tb WD Green HDD
EVGA Geforce GTX 980 GPU
AX860 Corsair PSU
All in a Xion XON 985-bk Case

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/blue-screen-1000007e/1e27f16d-b3f8-465d-8828-20a3f0745120 says -

Main probable causes of this BSOD are inadequate disk space, antivirus/antispyware/security programs
BIOS, and drivers. Have you added any new hardware lately?
Are you using RAID? If so those drivers would be very suspect. Also diskspace and other hard drive
issues are high on the list.

If you are sure disk issues are not the cause :
Think Video drivers mainly though it can be others. See the driver section in my generic bluescreen
troubleshooting methods below. BIOS, low level chipset drivers and antivirus/antispyway/security
programs can also cause this.

Rear Bumper

Honorable
Sep 13, 2014

Sorry, I tried to upload them via a text file in that pastebin link- do you need the physical files themselves? If so, how do I link them here? I could upload them to mediafire and link that here, if that's what you need; but I've never added attachments to a Tom's Hardware post before and can't find that option

Rear Bumper

Honorable
Sep 13, 2014

Replying respectively:
I have over 120GBs free on my main drive (SSD) and over a TB free on my secondary (HDD)

I very recently added the GTX 980, and have already tried to update the graphics drivers via Geforce Experience, reinstalled Win7 fresh and tried the same again to make sure the previous drivers weren't the issue (That was my very first suspicion) and then tried to run the system without the GPU connected, all of which ended in the same BSOD

I don't quite know if I'm using RAID; I do know that both drives are running simultaneously however I never looked much into just how they did so. I know my motherboard is set to ACHI mode, as I was trying to get the best possible performance from my SSD and was told that was necessary; but beyond that I could't really tell you. I'd guess not, though?

I have yet to update my motherboard's chipset; however it is necessary to mention this chipset ran a previous GTX 780 flawlessly and likewise ran this 980 for over a week without any problems whatsoever.

Is there anything else I should try?

Rear Bumper

Honorable
Sep 13, 2014

It does indeed, yes. Could that be suspect?

Rear Bumper

Honorable
Sep 13, 2014

Did this, and it is right now the magical time of 17 after. Fingers crossed.

Rear Bumper

Honorable
Sep 13, 2014

Like clockwork. Every hour, on the hour.

It hurts me inside every time I see my poor computer crash, knowing each time that as the clock strikes 16 after it is doomed to an abrupt, painful crash.

I may try a clean install with newer broadcom drivers; but for now do you have any other suggestions?

Rear Bumper

Honorable
Sep 13, 2014

I'm really sorry to waste your time, but I can't do that at the moment- I have a sleeping roommate and that would require a bit more noise than he can handle. We both have to be up rather early in the morning; that being said-

If you're still willing to help me with this tomorrow, I'd be happy to do as you asked and report my findings (if indeed I am still having problems tomorrow... which by this point, seems rather likely.)

Do you have anything else I might try for now, before I head off to bed?

That's for now, I have other potential guesses but that'll actually require the actual .dmp uploaded to websites.

Rear Bumper

Honorable
Sep 13, 2014

It seems like you were mostly correct; it does indeed have to do with my networking driver.

I did a full re-install of Windows yet again, and this time downloaded all other drivers besides the broadcom wireless drivers- the result of which is a stable system that didn't crash for a full day.

After that day, I tried updating the networking drivers (Latest) and was almost immediately greeted with the same BSOD, about 6 minutes after installation.

A restore to an image just before that driver install has solved the problem; confirming that is at fault.

My question now is- could it be a hardware problem? Perhaps the wifi card itself is the problem, and thus once the driver is installed, the system detects the faulty hardware and blue screens because of it?

I ask this because I don't know if I should try and RMA the wifi card, or wait for a future update to its drivers.

Thanks again for all your help

Rear Bumper

Honorable
Sep 13, 2014

Forgot to mark your anwser as the solution, which you deserved!

Having had time between then and now, I can now confirm it was the network card at fault; though not necessarily it's driver nor the hardware itself.

The college dorm I had been staying in had recently updated the firmware of their wifi routers, and for whatever reason, it did not play nice with /my exact motherboard/. I say it like this, as I wasn't the only one to complain- another person with the exact same motherboard/wifi combo (it has built in wifi) was experiencing the exact same problem.

Again, thanks!