windows 7 CD drivers for laptop install

Krayzi99

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
I have this laptop that was running Windows 8. I swapped the hard drive and started installing Windows 7. I know the ISO was burned correctly. USB boot is out of the question, because both USB ports are 3.0. It's an ASUS laptop, American Megatrends BIOS. Secure/Fast boot has been disabled. When starting the installer, it says that it needs a cd/dvd drive driver. I Googled it, and all the results said bad installer. I tested on another computer, and it says the same thing, but when I used the same iso to install Win 7 on my primary rig, but with a USB drive. Anyone have any advice?

Krayzi99

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
I don't think so, it's a dvd-r 4.7GB. I tried 4 different discs, too. Same specs.

EDIT: Sorry about the double post. I really don't remember how to use this forum, and I couldn't find a reply button on my phone.

Krayzi99

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
This was actually fixed, by the way, I just never got around to posting. I'm having some other issues, though: Whenever I turn the laptop back on from sleep mode, the screen is really dim and the controls are locked up.