Windows 7 Gets a Dose of High Octane... Wallpapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

theJ

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
“Inspired by our neighbors in Zune, we worked with an agency called 72 and Sunny to search for illustrators around the world to create one-of-a-kind art work for you to have in Windows 7,”

It won't be one of a kind when everyone has the same preloaded backgrounds. One of the reasons people pick the wallpapers they do is because they want their computers to be unique.

I for one will find my own when i finally am able to upgrade to Windows 7.

Cache

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
Very artsy compared to previous Windows wallpapers. Although I have to say, that one with the grey-colored kids smiling and doing barrel rolls really creeps me out. Like... seriously creeps me out.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Well I for one am very interested in the wallpapers man. *cough* *cough* Oh man that was some good....what! oh, never mind. Nice that they got, what seems to be a sixties inspiration, wallpapers, but something with a little more depth would have been better.

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Sicundercover[/nom]Wow, Im a W7 fan and all but the day is half over already and this is the best news we can dig up around here.[/citation]
I think it might be partly due to the anticipation of public availability tomorrow

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
@Cache
Me too man, me too. Reminds me of that old horror flick, with the little critters that bunch in a ball, and roll over you, mouths eating your flesh off. *shudders*

ceteras

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2008
Nice try. I've always wondered if people at M$ really care about how windows looks...
I mean their bundled wallpapers usually suck.
Now, these ones are plain ugly! I wouldn't put any of them on my desktop.

I think it's really nice we get to know so much about this new OS before launch, and W7 seems to be a good OS. But these ... no way!

Verdauga

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
While I am all for promotion of international cooperation and new design and all that...could we get some wallpapers that are just as cool but perhaps a bit more traditional in design? I mean, true, it's not all that important (since I just make my own wallpaper usually) but I would like to see a new creative background that isn't gaudy and/or filled with creepy white baby...things. =)

cryogenic

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
[citation][nom]Verdauga[/nom]While I am all for promotion of international cooperation and new design and all that...could we get some wallpapers that are just as cool but perhaps a bit more traditional in design? I mean, true, it's not all that important (since I just make my own wallpaper usually) but I would like to see a new creative background that isn't gaudy and/or filled with creepy white baby...things. =)[/citation]

There already are a handful of traditional wallpapers in windows 7 starting with earlier builds, but these new highly colorful wallpapers will look good on the desktops of PCs and laptops that are displayed on the shelves of major stores ... (without messing with the operating system), me thinks.

bill gates is your daddy

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Cache[/nom]Very artsy compared to previous Windows wallpapers. Although I have to say, that one with the grey-colored kids smiling and doing barrel rolls really creeps me out. Like... seriously creeps me out.[/citation]

Those are not kids. Those are some creepy rabbity things. They remind me a lot of Max from the Sam and Max games. (best games ever)

FlayerSlayer

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
While I can appreciate having some variety in wallpapers other than stock photos of mountains, lakes, closeups of flowers, etc, those are just terrible. What, must every picture with "octane and personality" look like someone threw up a box of crayons?

It's all moot anyway though, as everyone has their own taste. Some want car images, some want models, some want cartoons, some want rendered surrealistic scenes, some want movie posters. I defy Windows to have enough default wallpapers to please more than a small portion of people. I was content to have the non-offensive nature scenes until replacing them with my own personalized walls.

Or is this MS saying "Everyone is unique, so here are some default images to show how much of an individual you are using a standard wall that came in the box"?

tamick88

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
wow these backgrounds are... interesting. anyone else reminded of pokemon/digimon/other japanese cartoons? i guess its all a matter of taste but not what i'd expect from ms...

G

Awwwful! Did some 7 year old draw those with MS paint? Tsiizz.

ksenter

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
Meh... These are ok but I've been using the RC a few days now (I'm a MSDN subscriber), and I really like the new nature pics they included in the RC. I didn't even notice these, guess I wasn't really looking for them.

ksenter

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
I just checked, and the ones I like are called "Landscapes"... Anyway, they're pretty cool to my eyes. Each to his own and all that jazz.

Status
Not open for further replies.