Windows 7 restore/recovery fail cycle

thegreatestjose

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
Hello,
I was having issues with my optical drive and foolishly followed the advice of Emachines tech support. I performed a system restore to original factory settings that was supposed to move my user files to c:/backup. It all failed. My computer now gets stuck on "Windows is loading setup files" or something, and the. I get a dialogue box saying installation failed and would continue after restart.

I have tried using a system recovery disc, and get the same issues. I have tried to get it to boot in safe mode, last known good, and get the same error and restart cycle. Memory tests show no issues and I am at my last wit because there were important documents and photos I can't ever get back. I do have a backup drive but it was a few hundred gigs too small, and so I couldn't backup everything I need. Please help!!

thegreatestjose

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
Repair install, I believe that's exactly what I tried that caused this issue or made this issue pop up. I chose that option cuz it promised to save all user data to c/backup and then restore the os to factory settings without any updates etc the link didn't have any specific info regarding my problem, nor did the forums as far as I could research.... Thanks for trying though. I am still havin this problem :(