Windows 7 RTM Cracked With OEM License Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

stradric

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
If they knew about this type of exploit when Vista SP1 came out, then they have no excuse. That's just piss poor.

G

how quickly your product is cracked is directly proportional to how successful it will be. People in marketing should seriously use this as a viable metric for predicting sales.

SirCrono

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
duderth is right, I remembrer reading an article that said that the high adoption rates helped Microsoft mantain their domain over the enterprise market, it makes sense if you think about it, as long as every home user uses windows and office (legit or otherwise) the enterprises will have no choice but to stick to them (or at least the indirect costs of changing plataforms will be higher)

laserlight_2

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
[citation][nom]Core2uu[/nom]A real testament to their piracy skillz would be if they could hijack a European oil tanker.[/citation]
By hacking the navigation, and redirecting to your house? That would have lovely consequences on the beach...And you still can't use the boat or oil after you hack it...

Core2uu

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
[citation][nom]laserlight_2[/nom]By hacking the navigation, and redirecting to your house? That would have lovely consequences on the beach...And you still can't use the boat or oil after you hack it...[/citation]

I said "hijack," not hack. Learn2Read before trying to make a witty response.

Core2uu

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Upendra09[/nom]Stupid^^ You learn to read first, what so you think a reroute to ur house would be> a hijack[/citation]

LOL, I guess so. I was meaning an actual pirate hijack where you get on the boat and hold stoof for ransom.

A re-route though would be useful if you wanted to blow a popular beachfront up and kill many millions of visiting tourists.

neon neophyte

Splendid
BANNED
well, that was fast. good to know this version of windows will be just as piratable as every previous version. considering i wont buy it until i see a full version of ultimate at a reasonable price, this is good news for me.

Fadamor

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2007
RTM happened a couple of weeks ago. Lenovo (shocker this is a Chinese company) obviously let one of their OEM-specific copies get "stolen".

jerther

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]Kill@dor[/nom]Wow...talk about a high speed hijacking! I'm begining to question Windows 7's security features as well.[/citation]
I believe those security features are just to keep the average Joe honest. Just like ordinary door locks: they prevent honest people from entering my house and taking that 20 i've left on the table while I'm not there.

Hell, we have customers calling us complaining their DVD burner doesn't work, and they tell us they're trying to copy a rented DVD.

G

DRM doesnt stop pirates, it screws with legit users. Maybe one day companies will realize this.

Im not surprised that its been cracked before release, thats the norm.

freak77power

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
Anything can be cracked and pirated. Has nothing to do with security. I don't think MS will bother putting any other activation scheme in future Windows releases. Only way to prevent pirating like this is to run OS from special integrated ROM chips on mobo where windows or any other OS is preloaded to. ROM chip should be swappable so you can run any OS.

jerther

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]freak77power[/nom]Anything can be cracked and pirated. Has nothing to do with security. I don't think MS will bother putting any other activation scheme in future Windows releases. Only way to prevent pirating like this is to run OS from special integrated ROM chips on mobo where windows or any other OS is preloaded to. ROM chip should be swappable so you can run any OS.[/citation]

yeah, Parallel Port Sentinels :)

those were the days...

But even then, it was possible to either crack the program so it didn't check for the sentinel, or to let it think it was actually there.

theblackbird

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
Downloaded Win 7 Ultimate OEM, applied an already click-and-forget made activator. Works.

This is pretty amazing considering the consumer release date is like 22 oct.

Status
Not open for further replies.