Question Windows 8.1 BSOD DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. getting frustrated

mangaman

Honorable
So, I've been getting this error lately and I do not know why. It's a DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and it mostly occurs in firefox, although it might not as I mostly use that browser throughout the day. I do remember downloading a game from the official fakku.net website five days ago. After it was almost done downloading, Firefox crashed then my computer did a BSOD. I did a file hash on VirusTotal and it said that the file was safe, as other users also uploaded the same file to the database.

I did a deep virus scan with Avast, Malwarebytes, Kaspersky one time scan and HitManPro and all came back clean. I also tried a Windows restore and selected a restore point before downloading the file and all seemed fine for a few days. However, after running Firefox for almost 6 hours today, it froze my computer and gave me a BSOD.

Here are the cash logs from whocrashed and bluescreenofdeathviewer:

On Tue 9/8/2020 8:02:11 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\090820-8640-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1404C0)
Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x1, 0x1E00, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

crash.png

So, I'm not sure what is going on. I'm guessing a driver is faulty and I haven't noticed it in a while.

Here is the dump file link in full: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tbFh5J5yu_9FqNMTlNGsxXZekGpV45gb/view?usp=sharing

Also my specs:
Xeon e3 1241 v3
R9 270x
16GB of memory
TXm 550 GOLD psu

Nothing is overclocked

mangaman

Honorable
Update: So I remember a while back when Malwarebytes updated itself and activated a 30 day premium trial, it made my system quite buggy and crash a few times. It wasn't until I deactivated the premium trial that everything went back to normal.

The Windows restore point was before Malwarebytes updated itself and enabled the 30 day premium trial. So it's a very good chance that Malwarebytes is the culprit. I uninstalled it completely, as others have said that both the latest MBAM and Avast don't corporate together.

I'll see how that works out.