[SOLVED] Windows 8.1 sound problem

mse21

Commendable
May 20, 2019
Hi everyone.
Btw this already happened to me once and know whats the problem but it was long time ago so i dont know the solution now. So 2 days ago i installed win 8, clean install. I tried my headset and sound was super bad, youtube music souded like i was in the open if you know what i mean, then i tried some games from Apex to dota to pubg and it felt like surround sound was on, the sound wasnt clean. I looked into control panel and ive found the problem, thing is windows doesnt recognize headset, it recognize it as a speaker and act as one. So my question is how do i make it recognize as headset and act like one. I tried nearly everything, nothing works. I can write what i tried->
My headset is plugged in rear green jack bcs my front one doesnt work - (before someone say that rear green jack is for speakers, as i mentioned it happened to me like 2 y ago and i managed to fix it and act as headset). I tried different versions of drivers,up to date, old. I tried going into sound, right click and show disconnected deviced and disabled. I tried to disable front panel detection. Tried troubleshooting. Tried windows updates. And i can go on and on, just nothing works. Headset is fine, works on another pc, nothing is faulty. In 2 days ive spend over 14 pure hours and didnt found solution and i am about to go crazy.
MB-gigabyte fxa 990-ud3 rev, headset-creative HS-800, windows 8.1 64-bit.
Thanks for any help.

Lutfij

Titan
Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? Did you install your chipset/USB drivers after installing the OS? You should ideally be on the latest drivers for your onboard Realtek audio. After that Realtek's control panel should be able to distinguish between a headset or a speaker set. If it doesn't, the app usually asks you(via a pop up) if what you've plugged into the port is XYZ(insert device of choice and audio output channel).

mse21

Commendable
May 20, 2019
Everything is up to date, checked it twice. Yes, app does ask you and you can set it up by clicking on plugged jack. And i did try both to set it up as headphones and the only difference was in volume, one was louder than other. Sound problem stayed and even if i set it up as headphones in realtek, windows still doesnt recognize them as headphones in control panels. And today i tried 1 old headset i had at home (gigabyte gp-xh300) and some cheap sony headphones and it was same.
Thank you for respond.