Windows 8 Customers Fuming Over Spotty Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I've been running Windows 8 for a couple weeks and haven't had any issues. I'm even on a crappy dell workstation with dell drivers. Have fun on your overpriced piece of shiny outdated tech with apple, jerks.

Zingam_Duo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
[citation][nom]egilbe[/nom]Win7...it just works[/citation]

No... :D It's a piece of crap but you have probably been fed crap all your life so you could not make the difference.

cbfelterbush

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
I feel very sorry for those who suggest that they will just go Mac, they need someone there to slap some since into them.

Apple's Fusion Drive...LOL
More like Cache drive with a fancy name. See that is all you get with apple, 4-5 year old tech with a fancy name. Hurry run out and pay an extra $500-1000 for a Mac with Horrible CHINESE built Shit.

No not everything is built in china, but if it were up to Apple it would be.

-CB

hate machine

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012

What is funny is when you point out its a higher cap Hybrid drive they always just fall on the fact that it doesn't cache. Big whoop... and on top of that its all last year Intel tech too.

I don't think snags in Windows 8 are going to cause anyone to go to Mac. That's not the mentality of most informed shoppers. I had update issues with Apple products as well.

Shame on MS for not getting it right, though. They should be masters of the update procedure by now. You aren't going to sell an 'easier' interface by forcing users to shut down their virus protection or making them go into msconfig.exe in order to successfully update their PCs or tablets.

shloader

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2001
[citation][nom]Branden[/nom]woah woah woah! please don't compare windows 8 to windows vista.compare it to windows ME instead.[/citation]

Why not? Windows Vista was essentially Windows ME:SE. Windows 8 may simply be Windows Millenium Edition : Third Edition. All three could be compared.

ittimjones

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2012
[citation][nom]cbfelterbush[/nom]I feel very sorry for those who suggest that they will just go Mac, they need someone there to slap some since into them. Apple's Fusion Drive...LOL More like Cache drive with a fancy name. See that is all you get with apple, 4-5 year old tech with a fancy name. Hurry run out and pay an extra $500-1000 for a Mac with Horrible CHINESE built Shit. No not everything is built in china, but if it were up to Apple it would be. -CB[/citation]

Wish i had more upvotes for you sir
Win8 though, a laugh. I'll be sticking with Win7 Ultimate in my gaming rig.

grafxfx

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
I Beta tested Win8 and filled out lengthy reports that it was not meant for desktop use. I saw it as a tablet and phone OS, unless everyone converts to an AIO with touch screen monitors. I also tested Vista and told M$ what a POS that was, too. They didn't contact me for a while until Win8 came along. I guess after deflating their ego on their latest OS I won't hear from them for a while, again. Oh well, Win7 works all too well for me. Maybe I'll be back on their list for WinX.
BTW, for those who commented on "uninstalling Win8 and getting a Mac"... what will you do with your PC? Leave it on your desk or closet as a paper weight/boat anchor? Without an OS it can't do very much for you.
My $0.02

tomaz99

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
[citation][nom]ubercake[/nom]I don't think snags in Windows 8 are going to cause anyone to go to Mac. That's not the mentality of most informed shoppers. I had update issues with Apple products as well.Shame on MS for not getting it right, though. They should be masters of the update procedure by now. You aren't going to sell an 'easier' interface by forcing users to shut down their virus protection or making them go into msconfig.exe in order to successfully update their PCs or tablets.[/citation]

I agree...but with a Double Shame on MS, "Shame, Shame!"...

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
No reason to move on from win7. With that said, stop acting like win8 is the devil. It's completely FINE. Especially if you had a legit XP key like me, and utilized the 39$ upgrade to Win8 pro.

We're all power users here. There are several methods to kill the Metro UI. I've had win8 installed since day 1 of official release and haven't seen Metro since that first day.

As far as the update things are concerned, the OS is fresh out of the gate. Give it a break.

It seems to me like people enjoy parroting anecdotal evidence that their buddy told them about so and so on this forum who had a problem with his grandmas laptop.

jisamaniac

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
Does Microsoft have another Windows Vista on its hands? It's simply too early to tell at this point.

Considering every OTHER Microsoft OS has been a buggy, glitchy, or non-compliant with general hardware. I can firmly say that we saw this coming a mile away.

G

I Have Windows 8 - using the drivers that Windows installs - I don't use 3rd party programs that won't play nice with Windows and guess what? Everything is just fine.

All my programs run faster on Windows 8 and it takes me less time to do what I need to do on my computer.

I guess that those that build their own computers should learn to design them properly and not blame MS for their own mistakes

therogerwilco

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
I see no problem, the threats to switch to Apple, good, do it. We won't miss you. Otherwise I'm finding a lot of crap being thrown over the new OS, yet at the same time, Microsoft Windows is, and will be, the most mature and stable OS. You say Apple is? How about the arrogance that led to zero virus scanners? You say Windows 8 is like Vista? No it's not, it's just a new direction from an already stable Windows 7. People have bashed the Surface saying 'microsoft is trying to force users to use their hardware!' or 'the windows store is forcing people to use a certain interface to download their apps'. Both of these things Apple has done for a long time, Ipads etc, and Itunes. (nobody is complaining?)
The crap being slung will die down, because no matter what, people don't like change, but will always complain over nothing. So an update failed, I wonder the last update that failed for Apple? I could look, but I just don't care, my Windows 8 pc's are running just fine. They might be different than Windows 7, but I like the direction they're going. Integration across every architeture is one thing Apple got right first, I've been waiting for Microsoft to follow that path, because it's always had a better gaming experience than Angry Farts for non-windows pc's.

freiheitner

Distinguished
May 7, 2008
That's actually smart that the system reverts to the pre-update state if the update fails. It's too bad it takes 30 minutes to decide that the update failed, but it's still a smart idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.