Windows 8 Surfaces in NDA Presentation

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Three reasons why I'll rush into Windows 8
1. I have testing computers
2. Better Touch (Not that it's bad)
3. Choice to sync with the cloud or not to sync. CHOICE! Duh. No-one said you have none
4. My job requires me to do so.

P.s. Dear Toms, why can't I simply submit my post with opera? Click.. nothing. Open ie8, click, posted. ??

SirDevon

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
^ Just as you said: choice.

Windows 7 does everything I need it to do, and as such until there is another positive reason to upgrade, there is no need...

SirDevon

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
I'm having an issue with service providers and their infamous data caps, yet here Microsoft is producing an OS that promotes using the "cloud" as a means of storage.

I for one, would rather invest in an additional physical back-up that connects to my network. But, I do see the practical uses of having said data available when one does not have access to that data by physical means.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007

Agreed, I'm still running Vista Home Basic (yup basic) and it run's just as good as it did back in November 2007, though I did reformat once in that time period. But I believe Windows 7 is Vista with aesthetics and some improvements to SSD's/Flash and possibly a thing or two else, but basically the same kernel I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.