Windows 8 Will Color Coordinate Your Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

secolliyn

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
how about they worry less how it looks and worry more about making it work better and more seamlessly i could really care less about making it look better it looks fine now just make it work better

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
It would be nice if Microsoft would remove support for EXE programs entirely. There's really no reason to support these programs in Windows 8. Microsoft should include a scaled down version of Windows 7 in a VM much like Apple did for legacy Mac OS 9 programs with Mac OS X for PowerPC-based computers. The performance impact for Mac OS 9 programs was negligible.

G

Notice the taskbar in Windows 7. When you hover your mouse on the icon of an open application there, the highlight color "adapts" the dominant color of that application's icon. That's almost similar to this.

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
OK, I gotta be honest. I was once told that I should switch to Linux because of cool features like a 3D display of my desktops or the ability to write with "fire" on my desktop.

There's always gonna be people who want and don't want this. Thankfully Microsoft is putting cool stuff like this in for those of us who do :)

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Meh. I always set the colour to the clearest it can go on new installs. Clear matches the wallpaper more than coloured does, think about it :)

BlueCat57

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Who says it can't coordinate WITH your clothes? I'm sure someone can figure out how to use a webcam to do that. Oh, wait a minute, that was an insult implying that geeks can't dress themselves without their mothers' help. I get it now. :pt1cable:

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
I would rather they gave a good way to manage icon positions on the desktop so that loading a video driver does not nuke your layout and force you to re-arrange everything again

dougc

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2011
Thats great, just one more thing to run in the background and slow down Windows. They need to work on completely restructuring their kernel instead of "prettying up". I couldnt tell you how many Windows 7 Virus's/Malware infections I have cleaned up over the past year. What a shame. GET WITH IT Microsoft, make your system secure on its own, WITHOUTH having to run Anti-Virus/Malware scans

G

for better or worst, the user experience will now become the focus of all OS development, Apple's runaway success has ensured this, iOS had no revolutionary technology in it, but it won many praises for it's 'user experience'

the general public is stupid, they dont understand searchable active directories and context aware folders, the amount of people who would actually use bit locker is disheartening but they do know if it looks pretty and some snazzy visual effects then it's just got to be better..... technology has become a fashion accessory, thats the Apple revolution

G

Urgh... microsoft has been getting inspiration from the wrong places... This really feels like Douglas Adams has been involved in the development of windows 8. "The wheel, ah, we're having a little difficulty there." "Difficulty? It's the single simplest machine in the entire Universe!" "Alright Mr Wiseguy, you're so clever, tell us what colour it should be." Perhaps we'd like a fast and working OS instead of one that can automatically decide which colour it wants to be...

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
I hope you can make focused and maximized windows opaque again. The inability to do this makes Windows 7 messy, especially if you have a stupid program like Firefox 4 which wants the whole top of the screen to be transparent.

This kind of form over function crap is going to have us all using flashy terminals that don't do anything at all in ten years. You'll be plugged into the cloud, and MS will do all the processing for you. Programs will be sold like apps, and if you want any real control over your computer you'll have to pay far more than the standard monthly fee that everyone else pays, but normal people won't care about any of it because "omg it looks so cool!" and because they are used to this kind of experience with their cellphones anyway...

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
Of course, the same kind of complaints could be made against this site...

"omg! it fades out when you post a comment! so cool!"

"Yes, but the comment never actually appears..."

"STFU they need to add more cool effects!"

Status
Not open for further replies.