[SOLVED] Windows became de-activated when I changed the motherboard?

mitsstag

Commendable
Apr 1, 2020
i bought and installed an Aorus b450m (rev.1) and when I started my PC my Windows was no longer activated ?

Solution
i have ryzen 3 2200g 16gb 3200mhz a gigabite gtx 1660 a samsung m.2 500gb an 1tb hdd (windows are on the hdd) .i had an asrock a320m-DGS i changed motherboard so that i can upgrade my cpu in the future an because i couldn't use my headphones through the motherboard's audio but the problem still there so i think thats another reason to re install windows

USAFRet

Titan
In addition to the whole - "You might need to do a fresh Windows install with this new motherboard".

Give us a little backstory on this.
What you have before, wheat you have now, why you changed, etc, etc.

And just because it boots up with this new motherboard does not necessarily mean 100% success.

mitsstag

Commendable
Apr 1, 2020
In addition to the whole - "You might need to do a fresh Windows install with this new motherboard".

Give us a little backstory on this.
What you have before, wheat you have now, why you changed, etc, etc.

And just because it boots up with this new motherboard does not necessarily mean 100% success.
i have ryzen 3 2200g 16gb 3200mhz a gigabite gtx 1660 a samsung m.2 500gb an 1tb hdd (windows are on the hdd) .i had an asrock a320m-DGS i changed motherboard so that i can upgrade my cpu in the future an because i couldn't use my headphones through the motherboard's audio but the problem still there so i think thats another reason to re install windows

Reactions: Dj0gany

mitsstag

Commendable
Apr 1, 2020
also i have installed all upatades for motherboard

USAFRet

Titan

Solution

mitsstag

Commendable
Apr 1, 2020
can i install them to the m.2 ???(they are installed to the hdd now)
and will it delete my games,videos etc.?