Question Windows Bluescreen while playing apex legends

Aug 10, 2022
I will randomly get a Blue Screen crash while playing apex it can happen 20 minutes in or 6 hours in. Its always DPC_Watchdog_Violation, I recently reinstalled windows on a new nvme 980 pro. Heres a link to the magdump file that came out of it hopefully its of some help.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoGwStyS7_l_hBT8BcuDDPZwhuF0?e=uJ7erq

CPU: AMD 3900x

MOBO: Asrock X570m Pro4

GPU: MSI GAMING X TRIO GeForce RTX 3080

RAM: G-skill Trident Z NEO 2x16GB DDR4 3600

I will randomly get a Blue Screen crash while playing apex it can happen 20 minutes in or 6 hours in. Its always DPC_Watchdog_Violation, I recently reinstalled windows on a new nvme 980 pro. Heres a link to the magdump file that came out of it hopefully its of some help.

follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall every gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 24 on yours since it's 24 threads, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• shut down the PC, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot (if enabled by default), save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios (ver 3.71 with agesa 1.2.0.7), go to bios after finished updating, then load default or optimized settings, enable fastest xmp profile, set RttNom at 7 (or 34ohm), RttWr at 3 (or 80ohm), RttPark at 1~2 (or 240~120ohm), ProcODT at 43.6 or 48, then save and exit.

Optional: disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled). If gpu supports, why not XD

• if successful, boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.06.xx), then reboot. go to power plan and make sure ryzen balanced power plan is used instead usual power plan.

• Install the latest gpu driver, reboot, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, put ram on slot A2 and B2 (slot 2 and 4), also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update).

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

Aug 10, 2022
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall every gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 24 on yours since it's 24 threads, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• shut down the PC, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot (if enabled by default), save and exit, go to bios again, flash to the latest bios (ver 3.71 with agesa 1.2.0.7), go to bios after finished updating, then load default or optimized settings, enable fastest xmp profile, set RttNom at 7 (or 34ohm), RttWr at 3 (or 80ohm), RttPark at 1~2 (or 240~120ohm), ProcODT at 43.6 or 48, then save and exit.

Optional: disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled). If gpu supports, why not XD

• if successful, boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.06.xx), then reboot. go to power plan and make sure ryzen balanced power plan is used instead usual power plan.

• Install the latest gpu driver, reboot, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, put ram on slot A2 and B2 (slot 2 and 4), also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update).

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png
Hey my dude sorry for such a late response but i did everything except rttnom and all that because i couldnt find it, it seemed fine until today when it again crashed. heres the dump file not sure if you could take a look and check would really appreciate it!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoGwStyS7_l_hBbKmP0H2Tlm0sAE?e=PKAUaC

Hey my dude sorry for such a late response but i did everything except rttnom and all that because i couldnt find it, it seemed fine until today when it again crashed. heres the dump file not sure if you could take a look and check would really appreciate it!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoGwStyS7_l_hBbKmP0H2Tlm0sAE?e=PKAUaC
Could you give a look at the ram timings settings/oc related settings and send it here? i kinda forgot on asrock bios, but i do find it on the advanced timings.

Sep 7, 2022

Hey!

Did you figure it out?

I have the same issue. Blue screens only in Apex, never on the desktop, same blue screen message, same randomness.
We have the same ssd and GPU.
Are you on Windows 10 or 11?

I formatted and reinstalled my computer, but it didn't help.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Hey!

Did you figure it out?

I have the same issue. Blue screens only in Apex, never on the desktop, same blue screen message, same randomness.
We have the same ssd and GPU.
Are you on Windows 10 or 11?

I formatted and reinstalled my computer, but it didn't help.
its probably a good idea to make your own thread and if you give me the link, I will help. See the link in my sig about handy BSOD steps to take.

If op does return, did you sort out? do you need me to look at dumps?

Colif

Win 11 Master
@uChapo in case you still have problem, I converted the dump files
results - click run as fiddle to see report

File: 081322-12156-01.dmp (Aug 14 2022 - 10:58:14)
BugCheck: [DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvrtxvad64v.sys
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: NVIDIA Broadcast.exe)
Uptime: 2 Day(s), 9 Hour(s), 52 Min(s), and 11 Sec(s)

File: 081022-10406-01.dmp (Aug 11 2022 - 09:01:45)
BugCheck: [DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime: 1 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 39 Min(s), and 08 Sec(s)

Top BSOD blames GPU drivers. An odd one as it normally the kernel driver that causes errors.
Try running ddu in safe mode and reinstall Nvidia drivers - https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

2nd bsod not so obvious.

I would update Nordvpn as its 2 years old
try updating chipset drivers - https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570