[SOLVED] Windows booting slower after reinserting RAM

Feb 1, 2020
The problem is thus, I recently installed a Crucial BX500 SSD drive on my old war machine. I could see a vast improvement on load times,and the boot time was absolutely fine.

Wanting to improve further a bit on my PC, I decided to check what type of ram I got since it has been nearly 7 years.I took the direct approach and fiddled around removing one memory stick,I reinserted it,booted up the PC and it all went downhill from there.The boot time was almost as bad as before the SSD.

Any insight is greatly appreciated if anyone encountered something like this.

For further info the RAM is a HyperX FURY Blue 4GB,DDR3,1333MHz. I have not tried switching the sticks around ( I have two) , and in windows they are recognized 8gb as should be, but the boot time is just...bad. Could it be from the RAM or was the SSD affected in any way?
I reinserted the RAM stick exactly as it was before,did not change their previous slots in the motherboard.

As per Lutfij's instructions ( sorry for not writting them sooner :O ) here are the PC's specs:

CPU : IntelCore i5-3470 CPU @3.2 GHz(4 cpus)
Motherboard : MSI B75A-G43
Ram : 2x HyperX FURY Blue 4GB,DDR3,1333MHz
SSD/HDD : SSD - Crucial BX500 2.5" (240GB Storage - Drive for OS)
+HDD - Toshiba DT01ACA 050 (500GB Storage)
GPU: Radeon Sapphire HD 7950 Dual-X
PSU: Sirtec High Power Element Bronze 500W
Chassis : Cooltek Skiron Black
BIOS : American Megatrends Inc. V10.5 ,12-Oct-12
SMBIOS : 2.7

Last edited:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We will need more information. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

include the version for your motherboard BIOS and see if you have any BIOS updates pending. You might want to try and remove the CMOS battery and replace it after 15 minutes. Another point could be to take note of which slots the rams are in and co-ordinate them according to your motherboard manual.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We will need more information. Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

include the version for your motherboard BIOS and see if you have any BIOS updates pending. You might want to try and remove the CMOS battery and replace it after 15 minutes. Another point could be to take note of which slots the rams are in and co-ordinate them according to your motherboard manual.

Reactions: Corveus
Solution