Windows could not start because of an error in the software

sweeper

Hello bright ones,

I have encountered a problem with my computer. I will tell you the error
message.

Error message:

Windows could not start because of an error in the software.
Please report this problem as:

load needed DLLs for kernel.

Please contact your support to report this problem.

I am not sure what this means? I read that it could be caused by PCI
overclocking?

I receive other messages such as:windows/system32/config/system is missing,
use the recovery console to fix this.

I received a STOP message but just the number, I was only able to write down:
STOP: 0x0000008E

But, periodically the computer will start fine, and work fine. 8 hours
later, it'll freeze up again.

Please someone help me. I am at a loss.

Sweeper.

Try to do a sfc /scannow at the command prompt.

Stop overclocking....You can try installing xp cd,boot to xp cd,at info screen
select install xp,repair this copy.All files/settings stay intact,only xp
updates
are lost.

"Sweeper" wrote:

> Hello bright ones,
>
> I have encountered a problem with my computer. I will tell you the error
> message.
>
> Error message:
>
> Windows could not start because of an error in the software.
> Please report this problem as:
>
> load needed DLLs for kernel.
>
> Please contact your support to report this problem.
>
> I am not sure what this means? I read that it could be caused by PCI
> overclocking?
>
> I receive other messages such as:windows/system32/config/system is missing,
> use the recovery console to fix this.
>
> I received a STOP message but just the number, I was only able to write down:
> STOP: 0x0000008E
>
> But, periodically the computer will start fine, and work fine. 8 hours
> later, it'll freeze up again.
>
> Please someone help me. I am at a loss.
>
> Sweeper.

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Sweeper wrote:

> Hello bright ones,
>
> I have encountered a problem with my computer. I will tell you the error
> message.
>
> Error message:

<snip>

> I receive other messages such as:windows/system32/config/system is missing,
> use the recovery console to fix this.

This message is indicative of corruption in the registry. See these
articles:

How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry that Prevents Windows XP from
Starting:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=307545

How to Troubleshoot Registry Corruption Issues
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822705

> I received a STOP message but just the number, I was only able to write down:
> STOP: 0x0000008E

See this site for info on this stop error message:

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm
0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User