[SOLVED] Windows crash when launching fortnite.

Jan 26, 2021
Hey guys,
Recently made a new build for the missus to game and work on, she got;
  • As rock Steel Legend x570 with latest BIOS
  • Amd ryzen 5 5600x
  • Aorus Extreme RTX 2080ti
  • 32gb corsair vengeance 3600mhz
  • 850w EVGA gold psu
  • Samsung 970 evo 500gb
  • WD green 4tb
So, everything is brand new with the exception of the GPU, which I used for 2 years and donated to her, works fine.
fresh install of windows, and BIOS and gpu drivers etc.

PC works absolutely fine, EXCEPT when we launch bloody Fortnite. Pretty much every time we launch it, the entire PC immediately reboots, no error, no nothing, the loading bar on the launcher fills up and just as it looks like the fullscreen app is about to launch, the screens go black, and the windows loading dots start spinning, and its back at a freshly launched desktop in a matter if seconds. I've obviously uninstalled and reinstalled the game and windows at least 3 times each, on different drives and whatnot and its the same <Mod Edit> every time. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling battleye, because on my own PC I was getting blue screen in fortnite and battle eye was the cause. I cannot for the life of me figure out why tf it seems to not want to launch and any advice on what's causing it would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ferimer

Distinguished
Hey guys,
Recently made a new build for the missus to game and work on, she got;
  • As rock Steel Legend x570 with latest BIOS
  • Amd ryzen 5 5600x
  • Aorus Extreme RTX 2080ti
  • 32gb corsair vengeance 3600mhz
  • 850w EVGA gold psu
  • Samsung 970 evo 500gb
  • WD green 4tb
So, everything is brand new with the exception of the GPU, which I used for 2 years and donated to her, works fine.
fresh install of windows, and BIOS and gpu drivers etc.

PC works absolutely fine, EXCEPT when we launch bloody Fortnite. Pretty much every time we launch it, the entire PC immediately reboots, no error, no nothing, the loading bar on the launcher fills up and just as it looks like the fullscreen app is about to launch, the screens go black, and the windows loading dots start spinning, and its back at a freshly launched desktop in a matter if seconds. I've obviously uninstalled and reinstalled the game and windows at least 3 times each, on different drives and whatnot and its the same <Mod Edit> every time. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling battleye, because on my own PC I was getting blue screen in fortnite and battle eye was the cause. I cannot for the life of me figure out why tf it seems to not want to launch and any advice on what's causing it would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.
DO you have nay overclocking of any kind on it? Have you tried a different GPU to see if maybe that could be the issue. Where is the GPu plugged in on the MOBO the first pcie? or the second?

TRENDING THREADS