[SOLVED] Windows detecting a wrong cpu

LeonexWan

Prominent
May 31, 2020
Hi people, i recenly bought a new motherboard because my old one basically died, and when i installed all i noticed a bad perfomance in games and i checked and my motherboard were detecting a i7-4770 instead of a i7-4790, does anyone knowns what can i do?
specs:
i7-4790 @3.6ghz
motherboard: hi fi b85s3
gpu: 1650 super
16 gb ram ddr3

oh and something i noticed too is that the task manager is showing a REALLY low cpu usage (4-20%) when playing or doing some things

Solution
Did you install the correct bios files? There's multiple versions on that motherboard, from v1.0 to v6.2 and there's important distinctions between them, regardless of what actual bios update is used.

The fact that Biostar felt the need to 'fix' the board over 6 times doesn't bode well for the original design.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Did you install the correct bios files? There's multiple versions on that motherboard, from v1.0 to v6.2 and there's important distinctions between them, regardless of what actual bios update is used.

The fact that Biostar felt the need to 'fix' the board over 6 times doesn't bode well for the original design.

Reactions: mctrader07
Solution

LeonexWan

Prominent
May 31, 2020

Im going to see if im installing the correct ones, because its supposed to be the correct ones since where i bought it says it already has the last bios

Latest posts