Windows detects an Xbox 360 controller but none are actually connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraftKing77777

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015
Hi everyone. I am having this strange issue where Windows 10 thinks there's an Xbox 360 controller plugged in but there isn't at all. It shows up in device manager and some games think the controller is attached too. If I open GTA V by default it shows the controls for an Xbox controller until I press a key on the keyboard. If I plug in my wireless adapter and connect a controller it connects as player two as well. The only reason this is a concern is that it causes my G27 wheel to be overridden by the ghost Xbox controller in some games preventing my wheel from working. Thanks in advance!

CraftKing77777

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015

I've tried uninstalling and disabling, both not making a difference. If I do either of those and reboot its like I never disabled/uninstalled it. It's probably some software or controller emulator or something that's making it appear but I've gone through my whole task manager and can't find anything.

CraftKing77777

Reputable
Nov 14, 2015
I rebooted, went into task manager, right clicked Kino Streamer, opened the file location, went back to task manager, killed it, went back to the file location, went up a folder and renamed it to something different and did the same thing with all Remotr services. I only did this because they didn't show up in the startup tab of task manager so this was the only way to stop them. Reboot. Go into device manager. If it's still there, disable it, reboot again, and you should be good.

THIS IS THE SOLUTION. I CANNOT PICK MY OWN POST AS A SOLUTION BUT THIS IS HOW I'M SAYING IT IS THE SOLUTION.

Status
Not open for further replies.