Windows Error

Running XP Home.

All of a sudden when I boot and the deskgtop comes up, I get a Windows
Message Box. The message is:
"General Protection Fault Error. Please delete the file."

Does someone know how I find out which file it refers to?

Hi Dick,

No idea, but you can isolate the cause. Use the steps here, then once you
know what is causing it, post back and we can work on removing it:

How to Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP [Q310560]
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/