[SOLVED] Windows keeps reverting updates and I don't know why?

denniskuz

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2014
So i remember using the registry editor a while ago to disable auto updates (it was interfering with my work). However i'm at the stage where I do want to update and get the latest build however whenever I do, it installs everything as it should then I get a screen which reverts it back. I get no option in the matter. I have a feeling it's to do with the policies however i'm unsure which ones I need to change?

Any help would be appreciated. Or if my idea as to why i'm having this issue is wrong, i'm all ears!

IMG 1 - Updates pending in windows update
IMG 2 - Configuring updates
IMG 3 - Installing updates
IMG 4 - Undoing changes made to your computer

Solution
Time for a fresh install of Windows. That is the easiest way to solve this issue.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Time for a fresh install of Windows. That is the easiest way to solve this issue.

Solution

denniskuz

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2014

I have so many personalised bits, after a fresh install, it'd take me hours to get back to where I was so I need to figure this out another way.

So i remember using the registry editor a while ago to disable auto updates (it was interfering with my work). However i'm at the stage where I do want to update and get the latest build however whenever I do, it installs everything as it should then I get a screen which reverts it back. I get no option in the matter. I have a feeling it's to do with the policies however i'm unsure which ones I need to change?

Any help would be appreciated. Or if my idea as to why i'm having this issue is wrong, i'm all ears!

IMG 1 - Updates pending in windows update
IMG 2 - Configuring updates
IMG 3 - Installing updates
IMG 4 - Undoing changes made to your computer
Some reading.
https://www.google.com/search?q=dis...AB4AIABSIgBqgqSAQIyM5gBAKABAQ&sclient=gws-wiz

denniskuz

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2014
Figured it out for anyone in the future who may read this. It wasn't the reg edit policies, it was the local group policy edit programme. Computer config/admin templates/windows components/windows updates. Make sure everything in the folder is set to "not configured". I had multiple bits disabled.