Windows keeps scrolling up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siurps

Prominent
Jun 8, 2017
Just found out that my start bar keeps scrolling up and there's nothing I can do. I don't know if it's a coincidence or some virus but I think that at the same time something happened to my dns and I couldn't load any websites, but I had internet. Now my internet is back but the start menu keeps going up as well as sound control close to the clock on the bottom left corner, it looks the same as if I were to hold up arrow non-stop. Don't know what to do, tried to restart my pc, but nothing changed. Please help.

I can't search for stuff in the start bar (basically where the cortana is) either, it keeps refreshing and trying to go up. Just found out that all of my pc settings have the same problem https://imgur.com/a/tonQl0Z In this imgur you can see the selected in white button at the top so when I click on something it goes up. Basically all of my windows are trying to go up, it doesn't do anything on general but things like 3d paint where it's connected to windows even the things that I crop it's trying to pull up, don't know how to explain it.

If you have some sort of idea that might fix this issue don't be afraid to suggest something or ask more about this issue, since I don't know how to explain this issue properly.

Reactions: shawnasta

Siurps

Prominent
Jun 8, 2017

Bro..... I can't believe this :D I was stressing out over this, but I went to try and pull out my keyboard and mouse and I saw my controller stuck and the analogue stick was going up. I tried to pull out keyboard before this, but in a way you fixed the issue for me :) Thanks for trying to help anyways you were the only one. I appreciate it.

Nov 23, 2018
I had the same problem of Siurp. In my case the problem was caused by my son's joystick (connected to another UBS port). An object, placed on this joystick, kept a key/handle in position to have the scrolling up always active.
Thanks to this article I could realize the situation was like a keyboard up scroll / mouse left buttom still pressed/down.
Thanks jay32267 for the inspiring answer and thanks Slurps for the clear description of the issue.

May 22, 2019

Bro..... I can't believe this :D I was stressing out over this, but I went to try and pull out my keyboard and mouse and I saw my controller stuck and the analogue stick was going up. I tried to pull out keyboard before this, but in a way you fixed the issue for me :) Thanks for trying to help anyways you were the only one. I appreciate it.

I signed up this forum, so I could thank you. This was driving me crazy.

Jun 14, 2019
I signed up this forum, so I could thank you. This was driving me crazy.

I did the same just now. My Xbox One Fusion Pro A controller, or whatever it's called.. was upside down on the floor, and the left analog stick was the reason why it kept scrolling down from A-Z whenever I opened my start menu lol (Windows 10).

Thank you guys!

Apr 13, 2020

Omg that was stressing me out too and just when I saw you mentioning you controller, I look down and saw my analogue stick pushing down haha. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.