windows messenger audio....router

hwo do i get windows messenger audio to work behind a router....
i looked in the help section for microsoft but that couldn't help me....
anyway know a way around it??

D.

Your router needs to be UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) compatible.

--
Please reply in newsgroup.

"De Fly" <defly@verizon.net> wrote in message
> hwo do i get windows messenger audio to work behind a router....
> i looked in the help section for microsoft but that couldn't help me....
> anyway know a way around it??
>
> D.

it is UPnP; thing is i can get video to work....but audio stops after 2
seconds and it says that i stopped the audio conversation.
Like I said, video works fine. Doesn't make sense to me.....

"Delwin Lee [MSFT]" <delwinl@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Your router needs to be UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) compatible.
>
> --
> Please reply in newsgroup.

> rights.
>

> "De Fly" <defly@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> hwo do i get windows messenger audio to work behind a router....
>> i looked in the help section for microsoft but that couldn't help me....
>> anyway know a way around it??
>>
>> D.

Also, I set DMZ host to my computer so that I do not have to set a specific
port for each program I am running.