Question Windows not loading after dust cleaning

Catalin2525

Commendable
Feb 23, 2020
So, my problem is that my desktop is not loading once I start the computer.

The problem started after I dust cleaned my computer, I unplugged everything and cleaned everything. After i put everything back together it kept beeping, but it was a problem with the ram, so I took the ram out and put it bacck in one by one and it worked.

After this, when I started the computer it showed me this message: “Reboot and select proper Boot Device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device”

So I switched the boot priority to another one, it started after this and at first it showed a blue screen and the code was something like this (I don’t remember it perfectly): “switch boot device”.

After it restarted it repaired by itself, it finally started well, windows booted up, but when it opened some of the icons were missing and others showed the white rectangle, like the file is deleted.

And from there it turns the screen to a blue, and the taskbar keeps appearing and dissapearing, and from time to time the screen flickers like I refresh it.

What can I do?

Is the problem from the storage disk?

Will it fix if I reinstall windows?

Thanks for the help!

And I forgot to say 1 thing, I can enter in bios, maybe this helps in some way.

Last edited:

Catalin2525

Commendable
Feb 23, 2020
Agree with @rgd1101.

And will add the reminder that some motherboards require that the first physically installed RAM be placed in a specific slot.

Not doing so can cause problems.
I know this about the RAM, I'm sure I installed them correctly, I tried a bunch of time with different swaps but it only worked one way, I think that that's the correct one.

Catalin2525

Commendable
Feb 23, 2020
full system spec?
sound like you have more than 1 boot drive and you change where you plug the storage.
I don't know the full specs, it's not my main computer.
But the motherboard is a gigabyte GA-B75-D3V, the processor is an intel I5 gen5 i think, Graphics card Geforce GTX 1050TI, 2 ram disks of 2 GB RAM each from Kingston and 2 from pelican, they are compatible, CoreXStream power supply model OCZ-CX500W and the Storage is a WD 500GB storage, model WD5000AZRX.

Catalin2525

Commendable
Feb 23, 2020
But I have 1 question though, should I try to reinstall the windows? Do you think that that will work?
I'm asking this because I really don't think is a hardware problem.
And I forgot to say 1 thing, I can enter in bios, maybe this helps in some way.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS