[SOLVED] Windows not recognizing new case components

carush

Reputable
May 27, 2020
So I recently just got a new case to replace my old one that was basically falling apart. I got a generic case that came with 3 extra free fans (which don't work but that's not the crux of the issue here) and supposed HD audio and one USB 3.0 port. Problem is, neither the audio jacks nor the USB 3.0 port are being detected by Windows.

First of all, I noticed the issue with the 3.5 mm headphone and mic jacks. Just after booting up my PC using the new case, I tried to plug in my headphones only to realize that Realtek wasn't picking up any devices connected to the PC. Neither did Windows pick up my headphones being plugged in, however I was still getting audio from them so at least mechanically the jack does work. But since the system wasn't detecting them, it kept playing sound through my speakers. I reinstalled my audio drivers, updated the audio drivers on my mobo and now the jacks flat out don't work at all unless I set them up as AC97 in the BIOS, but Windows still won't recognize them at all.

Second issue is that the USB 3.0 does not detect anything being plugged into it. I can use the port to charge my phone and if I connect a gamepad it lights up, but nothing in the system picks it up.

Just wondering if there's anything that I can do to remedy these issues. It's clearly not a hardware problem, but no matter what I try to do with drivers nothing seems to work. Short of a clean windows install I don't know what to do, and I'm wondering if it's conflicting drivers because of the previous case I was using even though that really doesn't make a lick of sense imo.

For the record I'm using Win 10 64 bit and my mobo is an Asus Prime A320M-K

Solution
I am guessing you are talking about the case connections correct? Sounds like they are not properly connected to the motherboard headers. If those are all good, then could be the case construction is not.