May 5, 2020
My brother was playing apex legends on his computer and then the whole pc shutdown, and when it rebooted it sent him to the windows autorepair blue screen. It said it might be fixed if he restarts so he tried a couple times and still on that screen.

PC SPECS:
  • MSI Radeon R9 270X
  • AMD FX6300 Processor
  • 16GB (2x 8GB) of Fury HyperX Ram
  • Windows 10 Pro
So I decided to check if launching in Safe Mode would work and it did.

It launched fine, but there were a lot of green lines on the screen.

I then read somewhere that it could be a GPU problem so I uninstalled my gpu drivers and restarted expecting to get sent to the blue menu, but instead it launched in normal mode and worked (with the green lines still).

I reinstalled my drivers and I was sent back to the auto repair screen.

Is the graphics card toast? Has anyone had this issue? We don't have the money to replace it, so any help would be much appreciated. if you need anymore info please ask.

Thanks,
Christian.

P.S: I tried reinstalling windows while keeping file (which was one of the options in the repair menu) and it didn't do anything.

Solution
You got yourself a dying GPU. Lines, artifacts, discoloration are all of them signs of a GPU beginning to fail.
It works better when you uninstalled the drivers because without them, the GPU runs at lower clocks (undrclocking sometimes fixes temporarily the issue and that's what removing the drivers did, yet it didn't help much).
You got yourself a dying GPU. Lines, artifacts, discoloration are all of them signs of a GPU beginning to fail.
It works better when you uninstalled the drivers because without them, the GPU runs at lower clocks (undrclocking sometimes fixes temporarily the issue and that's what removing the drivers did, yet it didn't help much).

Solution
May 5, 2020
Thanks. This kinda sucks but he'll just have to save up or for Christmas.