Question Windows PC shuts off display signal, have to power off and restart PC ?

Benseven

Commendable
Sep 8, 2019
About a month ago, Windows 10 PC started flooding notification with a "USB not recognized" message. Then it started freezing for sometime and resumes. Now it turns off display suddenly. I can see "No display signal from your device" on the monitor. But the computer still runs. So I have to manually turn off the power switch off and on to restart it. Sometimes it goes right back to "do display" right after the loading windows screen (with the dotted circle animation). Sometimes I can login and work for some time. It happened once while I was using UBUNTU (its a dual boot) too.

I had the repair guy fit a "D-Type Big 4PIN Female to 15PIN SATA Female Power Cords"(I think its the same thig ) for the new PSU unit to connect my existing dvd drive after I changed the power supply unit. This was when these problem started popping up..

What must be the problem? Any Help ? TY

Colif

Win 11 Master
USB and Display are the first things turned off if there is a power deficiency. PC will make sure CPU stays alive and close off other parts that are less essential.. such as USB and Display.

If you have a new PSU already, its possible problem is MB.
Problem then is there aren't any real tests for a motherboard. Only realistic one is try all the parts on another MB and see if it still happens. Or test all other parts independently and see if any are faulty. If all are fine, it has to be the motherboard.

Maybe repair guy can do that for you?

Benseven

Commendable
Sep 8, 2019
USB and Display are the first things turned off if there is a power deficiency. PC will make sure CPU stays alive and close off other parts that are less essential.. such as USB and Display.

If you have a new PSU already, its possible problem is MB.
Problem then is there aren't any real tests for a motherboard. Only realistic one is try all the parts on another MB and see if it still happens. Or test all other parts independently and see if any are faulty. If all are fine, it has to be the motherboard.

Maybe repair guy can do that for you?
Okay, I'll try taking it to a service center.