TheSwedishMrBlue

Reputable
Mar 22, 2017
Hello everyone.

I am having some issues with Windows. When I play games, everything works great, but most of the time when the game is loading (like when I'm fast traveling) it loads infinitely. I force close the game and go back to Windows, everything is in "not responsing" state and I can't use CTRL, Alt, Delete. Nor can I access Task Manager. So I just have to restart my whole system (by force).

I did use CMD to check for anything bad, and it did found some, and I solved it. But the problem still occurs. I do not know what to do.. I've tried MemTest with no errors, no bad HDD/SSD, so nothing hardware related?

SYSTEM:
MOBO: ASUS B450-F Gaming Strix (Latest BIOS)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000MHz (Set to 2933MHz)
GPU: ASUS GTX 970 Strix OC 4GB
STRGE: Samsung 860 ECO 250GB - WD Black Caviar 1TB
PSU: Corsair RMx 750W 80 Gold

Drivers all up to date, BIOS included. Latest Windows 10 updates.

I'll link you what happens after I force close a game, Ghost Recon Wildlands for example:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRySKKKALcI

Mouse lag like crazy, and a weird beeping sound (from monitor speakers) every time I move the cursor.

I removed all ASUS programs and keeping Windows as light as possible, with only the vital programs/drivers installed.

Solution
I too have had this problem where the computer basically freezes or is extremely unresponsive. Here's a few things that have helped me with a very similar problem.

1) Make sure your power supply is able to handle the power draw of you system, and if you think the power supply is sufficient then a good clean of the PC (dust removal) never hurts!

2) Check all your cables! I found once I unplugged everything and then plugged it all back in I had made the computer more stable and it did not lock up nearly as often.

3) Run a scan for malware (highly recommend Norton or ESET) .

4) uninstall all drivers, and then re-install them. Do this for your games/programs as well. Fresh installs are usually a good start to trouble shooting.

5)...

Ralston18

Titan
Not able to view the video: Just got a screen full of YouTube links and ads.

What you can do is start either Task Manager or Resource monitor on your computer.

Observe system performance for a while before gaming. Then leave the window open but drag to one side.

Game as usual and watch performance. Very likely you will note some bottleneck or resource being taken to full capacity.

Reliability History may be capturing some error codes or warnings when the "infinite loading" occurs.

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
I too have had this problem where the computer basically freezes or is extremely unresponsive. Here's a few things that have helped me with a very similar problem.

1) Make sure your power supply is able to handle the power draw of you system, and if you think the power supply is sufficient then a good clean of the PC (dust removal) never hurts!

2) Check all your cables! I found once I unplugged everything and then plugged it all back in I had made the computer more stable and it did not lock up nearly as often.

3) Run a scan for malware (highly recommend Norton or ESET) .

4) uninstall all drivers, and then re-install them. Do this for your games/programs as well. Fresh installs are usually a good start to trouble shooting.

5) WORST CASE SCENARIO - Fresh install of windows. As Grobe mentioned above... even if you can't dig up any detected viruses, software or hardware issues the chances of there being residual software damages/issues is more likely then not.

Solution

TheSwedishMrBlue

Reputable
Mar 22, 2017
Grobe
I've reinstalled 9 times already, Problem is still there. And sorry, try and see if you can watch the video now.

Ralston18
Sorry about that, Is the video view-able now? I will try and do that.

ZeroDollarBudget
I upgraded PSU from CM 650 to Corsair RMx 750W. According to everyone else I've asked, 750W is enough power for my system.
The cables are all in place. No dust and no Malware/Virus. I'll see if I can check the drivers again. Really frustrating, especially when the Ghost Recon Breakpoint is on Beta :C

TheSwedishMrBlue

Reputable
Mar 22, 2017
Update: I was very desperate, I know you shouldn't be using thirdparty "Windows cleaning softwares".. However, I installed Advanced Systemcare (Iobit). I scanned and fixed many stuff regarding the registry. I've been playing Ghost Recon Breakpoint about 4 hours, quit the game, and no issues yet.. PC runs great. Let's hope it will keep on running as a clock!

TheSwedishMrBlue

Reputable
Mar 22, 2017
Grobe
Temperatures are fine, I was worried about that at first so I changed thermal paste, CPU around 28c (Idle) and about 50-55c (Load), a perfect airflow was something I prioriticed. GPU around 30c (Idle) 60c (Load).

I also manually set the CPU clock to 4GHz (Heard it is more stable system to keep a solid GHz on this CPU). No problems yet.. On another note, I heard that the Windows 10 Update KB4512941 are causing major issues/problems with systems allover the world. And that you should wait to install that update until Microsoft fixes this issue.

I think Advanced Systemcare solved most of it. After running it, I've had no issues. Either that, or me changing the clock to 4GHz.

Last edited:

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
Grobe
Temperatures are fine, I was worried about that at first so I changed thermal paste, CPU around 28c (Idle) and about 50-55c (Load), a perfect airflow was something I prioriticed. GPU around 30c (Idle) 60c (Load).

I also manually set the CPU clock to 4GHz (Heard it is more stable system to keep a solid GHz on this CPU). No problems yet.. On another note, I heard that the Windows 10 Update KB4512941 are causing major issues/problems with systems allover the world. And that you should wait to install that update until Microsoft fixes this issue.

I think Advanced Systemcare solved most of it. After running it, I've had no issues. Either that, or me changing the clock to 4GHz.
If the Microsoft update is causing issues then hopefully your auto-update is off! Good to hear the PC is working now!