Windows Recovery Console problem

The problem is when I reboot and select Windows Recovery Console as boot option, it blue screens the pc with message:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been.." etc.

I ran chkdsk /f at start up to check and fix disk errors and there were none.

My system is:
Dual xeon, 2gb ram, xp latest sp, geforce fx 5950,
and a silicon image sil 3112 SATARaid Controller

My question is, does Windows Recovery Console see the Sata controller? What do I need to do to properly boot up Windows Recovery Console?

Thanks in advance,

Vince

Try a reinstall of the Recovery Console.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;307654