Windows restore

My computer is acting funny. If it's running andI don't do anything on it
for 5 minutes or so it freezes up. I've been told that I may be infected
with some virus and I should try windows restore to some point in time before
this started happening. If I do that, what happens to all the info I've
added to computer in the interim. For example I use a program to keep my
accounting for my business. Will I lose everything I've inputed following
the restore point? Do I need to save everything in that program first and
then put back in? and what about programs. For example, I just paid to add
a new version of my security program.. What will happen to that? Last , but
not least, is there a better solution to try to fix this problem?

Do not use System Restore if you think you have a virus.
The virus may have also infected the System Restore points.
Instead, perform the following:

Download Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition and scan your PC for the presence of spyware:

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=827315

Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites

3 Simple Steps to Insure the Security of Your PC

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Wesill" wrote:

| My computer is acting funny. If it's running andI don't do anything on it
| for 5 minutes or so it freezes up. I've been told that I may be infected
| with some virus and I should try windows restore to some point in time before
| this started happening. If I do that, what happens to all the info I've
| added to computer in the interim. For example I use a program to keep my
| accounting for my business. Will I lose everything I've inputed following
| the restore point? Do I need to save everything in that program first and
| then put back in? and what about programs. For example, I just paid to add
| a new version of my security program.. What will happen to that? Last , but
| not least, is there a better solution to try to fix this problem?

"Last, but not least, is there a better solution to try to fix this
problem?"

I suppose you could install antivirus software and learn how to use it.

"Protect Your PC"
www.microsoft.com/protect
--
Ted Zieglar