1WaffleIron

Distinguished
May 11, 2013
Hi everyone, I recently recovered my W7 computer to what I thought was a safe backup because I had made some driver and setting changes I wanted to roll back. After recovering I ran Malwarebytes and nothing came up. Then I did a scan with Windows Security Essentials and it picked up a couple of possible viruses, things that hadn't come up before during my most recent scans pre-recovery, as far as I know they were nested within archives and programs I had downloaded in the past but did not run. One might have been a false positive because it resided in one of my 3d Animation Programs that for all intents and purposes is legit and safe. After removing i restarted my computer and it ran Chkdsk. Things seem fine now and I wasnt even experiencing any real performance issues to begin with but I wanted, for some peace of mind, to get your opinions.

The viruses it found and that I hopefully removed correctly were listed as follows:

Win32:/Wacatac.C!ml
Win32/Tiggre!rfn
Win32/Skeeyah.A!rfn

Multiple instances and their locations were nested in downloads that I had not run. So hopefully they didn't spread within my system.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS