Question Windows Update allowing me to upgrade to Windows 11 without TPM?

OffLoaD

Honorable
Mar 5, 2016
It's going to be 3 years since I upgraded my pc with a brand new motherboard, cpu, RAM and so. When Windows 11 came out I noticed I wasn't able to upgrade (I don't want anyway) because it couldn't find the TPM chip. I looked in the BIOS and no, my motherboard didn't have that chip. It's been like that since today.
Today I opened Windows Update and I found myself with a big (BIG) window saying that my PC was ready to update to Windows 11. And my question is: Why can I upgrade now all of a sudden if I haven't changed anything in my pc?
I've tried to find anything on the Internet and nothing relevant came out. Any ideas?

Richj444

Commendable
May 25, 2022
It's going to be 3 years since I upgraded my pc with a brand new motherboard, cpu, RAM and so. When Windows 11 came out I noticed I wasn't able to upgrade (I don't want anyway) because it couldn't find the TPM chip. I looked in the BIOS and no, my motherboard didn't have that chip. It's been like that since today.
Today I opened Windows Update and I found myself with a big (BIG) window saying that my PC was ready to update to Windows 11. And my question is: Why can I upgrade now all of a sudden if I haven't changed anything in my pc?
I've tried to find anything on the Internet and nothing relevant came out. Any ideas?
Have you by chance updated your BIOS since you first checked compatibility? Most manufacturers have released BIOS updates which enable TPM automatically for Win 11 compatibility.