Windows xp no user name does not appear

willie_76

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
On Windows XP. I deleted the existing user names (2), and substituted another. On two start ups
the laptop worked fine. Today when I started up the laptop I get the ----to begin, click your user name---, however, no user names appear on the space provided, therefore, no login.

Anyone have the answer to this, or what I may try to solve this????? Willie

On the login screen, where the user names are supposed to be, press the CTRL+ALT+DEL keys simultaneously 2 - 3 times and the Administrator account should pop up... if it doesn't, try pressing and holding (or tapping it once a second) the F8 key after the BIOS post, and select Safe Mode... Safe Mode with Networking if you want Internet access... Once you've logged on, verify the user accounts or create a new account if necessary, or make the necessary corrections to the "substituted" account.

If you have problems recovering that user account, you can always create a new one, and configure Windows XP so the new account uses the previous user account profile folder.

willie_76

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

Thank you for your information, which I tried and was successful. Thanks again, Willie