Windows XP Pro Startup Problem - Someone Please help me

I am currently running a notebook with XP Pro (factory installed). Recently
it started running extremely slow and now it will not even boot up into
Windows. It will begin to start, bring up the XP Pro intial screen then will
give me the following error message: "the procedure entry point
AssocIsDangerous could not be located in the dynamic link library
SHLWAPI.dll." then I get this one: "The log on user interface DLL
msgina.dll failed to load. Contact for sys admin to replace to the DLL or
restore the original DLL."

Being not quite familiar with this I am not sure what to do. I tried to
start up in Safe Mode but it still gives me the same error message. If
anyone can help I would be most appreciative. Thanks.

Fred Stapleton
fabfreddy4@aol.com

Fred, check this out. Same problem with solutions
http://www.resellerratings.com/forum/t76550.html