windows XP Pro will not start up at all

jk

Hi.
as the subject implies.... Windows XP will not start up, either normally or
in Safe-mode.

from what i can gather from other topic here, i think the source of the
problem may be the MUP.sys driver or another driver that loaded before that.

i have tried to run the recovery console, and even tried to install to
another hard drive (which is the same brand and model) and setup will not
continue but rather examine my hard drive for hours on end...

i hope this is enough information for you all to help me... thank you.

You say you have tried Recovery Console. How about Repair Install?

http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/repaxp.htm

"JK" <JK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
> as the subject implies.... Windows XP will not start up, either normally
> or
> in Safe-mode.
>
> from what i can gather from other topic here, i think the source of the
> problem may be the MUP.sys driver or another driver that loaded before
> that.
>
> i have tried to run the recovery console, and even tried to install to
> another hard drive (which is the same brand and model) and setup will not
> continue but rather examine my hard drive for hours on end...
>
> i hope this is enough information for you all to help me... thank you.

jk

well... the thing is... i can't seem to get past the examining the hard drive
part...

i use a SATA hard drive, so i need to load extra drivers, which i do... i've
tried both the XP and 2000 drivers, but windows setup keeps examining my HD
for hours... during the initial installation, this process took much less
time... lets say about 5 minutes...

i can't even install to a new drive of the same model due to this problem...