Windows xp user accounts won t open

journalistrk

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2010
Hello,
I can open my user accounts but can't add a password because there's no prompt. It's just a white empty space. Seems, some one has gone to my regedit and tampered with something there. How can I have a new password for my stystem start up. Right now, anyone can open the system. Thanks.

RK

journalistrk

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2010

Thanks, it did work. Now, I have a few more questions:

My computer is accessed by several people on a regular basis. How do I restrict them from accessing my files, or, even one or more of the partitions in the hard drive? Is it possible? Can I allow a person to work in my PC without allowing him/her to snoop on or copy my files or even a whole partition? I do have USB ports. Can I restrict others from using Pendrives to copy items quietly while they are working in my system. Are these completely possible, without much hassles?

Thank you very much. Happy season!

RK

As a network admin, you can disable the use of USB ports (flash drives). That would be a group policy setting.

If you want to restrict what the users can do, go to the control panel, and change their account types to limited user, instead of administrators.