Hello everybody,

just noticed a strange error, never occured before!

I received my rst yesterday (size 1,5mb, dunno if it is important or not)
.... i normally use the winplan unpack from my registered winplan copy, than
do my turns with vpa 3.51 + ufo4vpa latest revision!

Anyway i tried to unpack my rst with winplan, the unpack process went on,
shows me how much starbases, planets and ships i have and suddenly stops
with a box appearing: "Overflow" ... i hit the OK button, and winplan close
completely! Can't do my turns as there are important files missing (vpa told
me).

Another player told me he have had the same problem some years ago, told me
he found a solution by changing the email provider as he told me web.de has
some problems with longer attachments! So i changed the email to another
german provider (gmx.de) but still the same error occur (after resending
rsts by host (rcworld))

As my next host is tomorrow i try to find a solution by asking in newsgroup,
perhaps someone else has a solution i can't see!?

BTW: Nothing changed on my system since last turn (Windows XP SP2)

Any help would be appreciate!

Thx

Mydgard

Mydgard wrote:
> Anyway i tried to unpack my rst with winplan, the unpack process went on,
> shows me how much starbases, planets and ships i have and suddenly stops
> with a box appearing: "Overflow" ... i hit the OK button, and winplan close
> completely! Can't do my turns as there are important files missing (vpa told
> me).

Isn't it nice what beautiful clear error messages VPA generates? Because
it tells you the file name, you immediately know which file is missing.

> As my next host is tomorrow i try to find a solution by asking in newsgroup,
> perhaps someone else has a solution i can't see!?

Try a different unpack. For example, the one from VPA. Or PCC. Maybe the
result is simply too large for Winplan. HOST has the nasty habit of
creating zillions of messages when there are many minefields and many
ships scanning them. 500 ships times 500 minefields makes 250000
messages. The theoretical limit is 32767, the practical limit often is
around 5000.

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

found a solution ... my host Ricki helps me out ... game rst has had too
much messages (5936) ... i used ccunpack from PCC to unpack the turn, then
did my turn normally with vpa+ufo4vpa and normal winplan maketurn

Thx for answer ... forgot to post my solution here as well as @ rcworld
webforum!

Mydgard