Question Wins won't boot after BIOS upgrade on Gigabyte B450M DS3H - except when power cycling before start

Aug 9, 2024
Because of occasional BSoD in Win10 I decided to upgrade BIOS on my motherboard Gigabyte B450M DS3H-CF. CPU is ryzen7 2700.

I updated BIOS it via USB and Q-flash in BIOS. First update was F3 -> F32 then to F40 and then to recommended F62. Before update I also updated drivers on AMD chipset, as required. After upgrade, I enter BIOS and selected Load Optimized Defaults, as recommended in instructions by Gigabyte. After save & restart, system normally booted into Wins and everything seemed fine...

Until I send PC to sleep/suspend mode. When I woke the system up, Wins did not booted, only black screen remained. I pressed reset button to restart PC, but to my surprise, after Gigabyte screen with BIOS option it didn't boot into Win OS, instead I got black screen with sign: REBOOT AND SELECT PROPER BOOT DEVICE OR INSERT BOOT MEDIA IN SELECTED BOOT DEVICE AND PRESS A KEY

I restarted PC several times, same problem, Wins won't boot. I entered to BIOS to see BOOT Option #1 and it seems that my HDD is recognized there. Fast boot is disabled.

Then I shut it down completely, disconnect it from power and checked SATA cables around HDD. Everything looked fine. After that I powered it on again. This time, on so-called cold reboot, system booted into Wins normally. So now I can only boot into wins if I perform cold reboot.

Any idea how to fix this problem??

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you clear the CMOS after verifying that the BIOS was flashed successfully?

and then to recommended F62
The latest BIOS listed on your board's support site is F67b;
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450M-DS3H-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios

Please list the specs to your build like so;
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.