Question Wired headset hangs PC by continuously connecting and disconnecting

Jan 21, 2023
I've been using a wired headset for a year. Sometimes when the pc(windows 10) is on(don't even need to have some audio playing)the headset disconnects and connects repeatedly causing the pc to hang. The pc recovers but the headset don't work until I restart the PC. The headset is connected to back of case. Recently it even affects USB devices connected to nearby ports. If it happens, the devices also don't work until I restart.

Additionally, I can occasionally hear noise from the headset when nothing is playing. I can play sounds from the headphones normally until it hangs. And the hangs do not always occur.

I have been using my PC without the headset for a while and there hasn't been any hangs as of yet.

IDK if it's a mobo issue, audio jack issue or headset issue. Any help would be appreciated.

I've been using a wired headset for a year. Sometimes when the pc(windows 10) is on(don't even need to have some audio playing)the headset disconnects and connects repeatedly causing the pc to hang. The pc recovers but the headset don't work until I restart the PC. The headset is connected to back of case. Recently it even affects USB devices connected to nearby ports. If it happens, the devices also don't work until I restart.

Additionally, I can occasionally hear noise from the headset when nothing is playing. I can play sounds from the headphones normally until it hangs. And the hangs do not always occur.

I have been using my PC without the headset for a while and there hasn't been any hangs as of yet.

IDK if it's a mobo issue, audio jack issue or headset issue. Any help would be appreciated.
Wired ? How ? USB or analog ?