Wired Network not showing up anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfolsgrofb

Reputable
Nov 5, 2015
So this problem has happened before, and I don't remember what I did to fix it the first time. But its happened again. I have a wifi card installed and I have on board ethernet. So as of now I am able to use wifi, but Id rather have my ethernet if I can.

My mother board is Asus z97-a 3.1 usb.

I have gone and reinstalled drivers from the website, unistalling the previous drivers and reinstalling fresh from the manufacture website. Still no ethernet.

When I go to change adapter, I only have the wifi adapter coming up.

In device manager It says code 10 on the intel ethernet conection (2) 2018-v.

I thought maybe the port was bad because we've had some lighting in the past few days, but It has a solid orange light.

I've also done the normal restart the pc too, still nothing.

I'm going to unplug it while I head out today and hope maybe it resets something and it works again.

If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know.

Thank you.

pfolsgrofb

Reputable
Nov 5, 2015
Accidently selected best answer. But yeah I already did it. I unisnstalled it, then went to asus and downloaded the drivers then installed them. And it still comes up error 10

pfolsgrofb

Reputable
Nov 5, 2015
I HAVE FINALLY SOLVED MY ISSUE!!! After a couple hours searching the problem, while I was in my college classes, I could not find a damn thing on this "Code 10" No one knows how to fix it. So what I did, was I decided to unplug the wireless internet card and see if that does anything, while I had the pc off, I decided it would be a good time to unplug it and let all the power drain out and reset itself. So thats what I did. I unplugged it and waited till all the lights went out, including the solid orange light on the ethernet port. Waited a minute or two, plugged it back in, and wa lah! It works again. I know have two lights on my port. I just think the port needed to reset its self. I don't care what or how it worked, I'm just glad it works now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.