Question Wireless mouse for somebody with hand tremors

mikewhatever

Reputable
Apr 6, 2020
I bought a logitech g305 a while ago and it's great. No lag , accurate, good battery life, etc. Unfortunately it has very sensitive buttons imo and because I've got a problem with hand tremors which have got worse recently I often click accidentally.

Maybe an unusual request as most gamers would like sensitive buttons but can anybody recommend a wireless mouse that needs a bit of force to click and ideally something a bit heavier than the G305's 99g weight.

I'd prefer a palm grip and have a budget of around £50 ($65 usd) but since mice last forever I can pay more if you guys and gals think it's worth a bit extra, I'm just wary of buying a new mouse and finding the same issue. Because of my hand tremors I don't play very competitive games so I don't need a bazillion buttons and endless macro options, just a couple of side buttons will be fine for my gaming.

Cheers for any advice, I know it's a bit hard to recommend something since my idea of sensitive buttons may differ from yours but the forums have always steered me in the right direction before :)

Ralston18

Titan
Try experimenting with the mouse properties.

"WIN" + "I" > Ease of Access > Scroll down to Mouse > Change other mouse options > Additional mouse options.

You may be able to find some balance between the various configuration settings that will reduce sensitivity.

Click speed may help.

mikewhatever

Reputable
Apr 6, 2020
Try experimenting with the mouse properties.

"WIN" + "I" > Ease of Access > Scroll down to Mouse > Change other mouse options > Additional mouse options.

You may be able to find some balance between the various configuration settings that will reduce sensitivity.

Click speed may help.
Thanks, I had look at your suggestion with the mouse properties but it's more the physical mouse buttons that are the problem. It just takes a very light touch to activate them and with hand tremors it's so easy to click when i don't mean to.

I'll have a look through other forum posts and reviews. I could start using my gamepad but I much prefer keyboard and mouse :)

jacob249358

Commendable
Sep 8, 2021
I would just order a couple of mice and test them out until you find one you like. It's a bit of an obscure request. I will say my mamba wireless has a pretty firm click compared to my g pro x superlight wireless

mikewhatever

Reputable
Apr 6, 2020
I would just order a couple of mice and test them out until you find one you like. It's a bit of an obscure request. I will say my mamba wireless has a pretty firm click compared to my g pro x superlight wireless

Thanks, the mamba does look good, a nice bit more weight and if the buttons are firmer it could be ideal. I can get this for a little bit extra though, i always overthink things XD

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08GCQ5TBJ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3IF948IEHZB5R&th=1

mikewhatever

Reputable
Apr 6, 2020
mouses are pretty subjective but I think the mice without separate clicks unlike the mamba and deathadder will click easier
I've ordered the deathadder just because it was heavily discounted, £77 was more than I was intending to pay but it's £100 on most sites, i hope it's a bit firmer on the buttons, if not i have a third backup mouse for the future

TRENDING THREADS