[SOLVED] Wireless Mouse on Couch

joejackson700

Commendable
Dec 21, 2020
I am looking for a Wireless Mouse that will work well on the couch. I mean simply just moving it around on the couch cushions and not on any sort of pad. Would the Razer DeathAdder V2 Pro work well for this or would some other type be better?

Solution
Use for First Person Shooters. Are there really no mice that would fit this need. Would it make a difference if the couch cushions were totally smooth?
It’s never going to be accurate, for consistency the optical sensor needs a consistent distance between the sensor and the surface. There are options. When using a laptop on the sofa (including gaming) I use a table similar to this...
What are you doing on the pc? For example, if gaming then you need a flat surface for accuracy and fast movements. If just browsing or not needing high accuracy and fast movements then I’d look at a trackball mouse, it might take a little getting used to but would be better than a mouse on an uneven surface. Ultimately traditional mice are designed to work on a flat smooth surface and while you can use them on other surfaces it’s going to be a compromise and expect some unpredictable behaviour.

Reactions: Ralston18

joejackson700

Commendable
Dec 21, 2020
What are you doing on the pc? For example, if gaming then you need a flat surface for accuracy and fast movements. If just browsing or not needing high accuracy and fast movements then I’d look at a trackball mouse, it might take a little getting used to but would be better than a mouse on an uneven surface. Ultimately traditional mice are designed to work on a flat smooth surface and while you can use them on other surfaces it’s going to be a compromise and expect some unpredictable behaviour.
Use for First Person Shooters. Are there really no mice that would fit this need. Would it make a difference if the couch cushions were totally smooth?

It’s never going to be accurate, for consistency the optical sensor needs a consistent distance between the sensor and the surface. There are options. When using a laptop on the sofa (including gaming) I use a table similar to this. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-N...7-4911-9ef7-723e018c4453&tag=lionshomeospu-21

When using a keyboard and mouse for XBox/PC connected to the TV I use a Corsair lapboard
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Wi...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Solution

Ralston18

Titan
Very likely that a "mouse on the couch", no matter what make and model, is very likely to get gunked up from fibers and other couch debris getting into buttons and scroll wheels.

Not to mention things like falling between cushions, getting set on, drink/food spills, and possible pet encounters that do not end well....

Think of the mouse as a TV remote. What happens to TV remotes....