Wolfenstein Multiplayer Leaked

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reverendxero

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
if it were anyone but id, I wouldn't care, but c'mon, this is John Carmack. Support the guy that made all this happen (3d games, I dare anyone to argue this point)!

n3ard3ath

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
[citation][nom]pender21[/nom]Carmack deserves better. If it were Romero, then we just made him our bitch.[/citation]

Just because someone does one big mistake doesn't erase all what he did right in the past. Creatively speaking, Romero is way more proefficiant than Carmack. Carmack is just some boring technical guy who is only good at programming. No wonder why ID games since Romero departure are great technical works, but kind of boring and straightforward.

mickey21

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
If the game is any good, people will buy it. If they are in a phase where testing it among people in the public even in Beta form are going to play it, the game is likely good enough to stand before people who might play it legally or not and like it. I dont see this as bad, but a bit unplanned maybe. Should people leak the build, of course not, but it isnt the end of the world either. If not some free publicity. Just finish the game and get it out to us so we can try a demo and possibly buy the game already.

n3ard3ath

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
And let's not forget that even if Romero isn't the guy directly behind the Deus Ex masterpiece, he still is the guy who recruited people behind this game into Eidos.

brisingamen

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
man, doom 3 was cool.
but the lack of multiplayer really made me disapointed, and thier has been something about the "look" of quake 4, and doom3 that looked too plasticky and cartoonish to be nearly as scarey as half life 2 even, or fear, fear 2, silent hill even, or resident evil 2, i applaud the creative artwork, and programming skill of ID and carmack, they have been my idols for over a generation.

but i think they need a new direction with thier overall game design philosophy with the quake and doom titles, i remember playing the original doom when i was what, like 9 or something and being blown away, games and pc's still blow me away, but quake 4 and doom 3 didnt, they were good games at that. not great, just good.
the last wolfenstien was a great game, i hope this one is also.

i must say i played doom 3 pirated and still bought it afterwards even though i didnt want too, i really didnt feel it was worth the money, and i never ever got around to even playing the expansion. the thought of going back and installing it has crossed my mind a few times, but i never actually followed through. . .

i hope the best days of ID and carmack are not behind them, although its looking more like they are, than are not.

my fingers are crossed for this game and future releases from ID and carmack,

over the years ive tried to listen and read as many things i could get my hands on when he talks about his vision of gaming 5 to ten years from now, and i think overall he is still a genious, its just that game making has become a more intricate art than it once was. i think that is part of the reason ID may be flipping out so much this time around, since several of thier last releases werent as big as i thought they would be, and im sure them either.

the quake and doom series really needs a breath of fresh air, i personally have alot of ideas that i think could make the next quake and doom truly amazing, while still retaining all of its heritage and really redeem themselves as a must buy titles.

ever since unreal the fps title has been lost, ut3 is also amazing, and even that game can be greatly improved.

common guys youve been getting my money for years haha, smoke some better weed or something, expan your mind with this stuff!, . . .

carmack email me! z24style83@hotmail.com lets just hang out and ill chat your ear off, we'll have a few pops. and in a few years ill be playing the best video game to date, youll be super wealthy, your legacy will be cemented in video history ten fold,
and yeah. . . . the world will be a much better place.

i hope wolfenstien is good, ive been playing ut3 to the bone and could use something new.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
"fans should be wary of downloading potentially damaging viruses and malware in the process."

I call BS.
I have gotten more intrusive software from legitimate sources. Torrents have proven safe for me, even after downloading 600GB+ of content to date...
Hell, download something legitimate and it automatically installs Ask.com's insane spyware. That shit be illegal in many ways...
I'll stick to my Torrents, they have proven safer thus far...

[citation][nom]Dekasav[/nom]Since the game is unfinished, if people play it and don't like things (that may very well be changed in final version) it's bad publicity. Unfinished products usually aren't that great.[/citation]

Except for Win7.

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I was really looking forward to this game, especially the multiplayer portion. Hopefully it is more like RTCW/ET/Quake Wars than CoD. CoD has great shooting, but I love the team based objective play in RTCW/ET.

I can't even count the amount of hours I put into ET (the only game that could make me stop playing RTCW).

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
This is why people with integrity and character are more valuable to a company.

Wise man say: One's character is much easier to maintain than it is to regain.

PS: The name of the company is id (like the part of the brain on the subconscious level), not ID (the abbreviation for identification). =)

yonef

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2008
The worst ever game that will be released this year. The gameplay sucks, graphics is taken form year `03, and the storyline is boring.

G

I still run 2 servers for rtcw 1.0 with custom maps,skins, mods etc named 0 and 1 that run goldrush. I just hope that we can still do that stuff or it will die fast. Btw, i hate that you can't fire while running.

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]amnotanoobie[/nom]Proves Dekasav's point, now you already have a mindset before you even see a review of the actual finished product. Other people may already consider not buying it, even if the final intended product actually turns out to be great.[/citation]
Well I would hope it was finished lol, its being released on August 18th. By now its be boxed and shiped to vendors.

I still run 2 servers for rtcw 1.0 with custom maps,skins, mods etc named 0 and 1 that run goldrush. I just hope that we can still do that stuff or it will die fast. Btw, i hate that you can't fire while running.
Run ET servers, there are still plenty of players for that :)

Gold rush is great fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.