Jun 30, 2012
Hi all,

I have an issue. its about my new gaming computer (newish, about 5 months old) and the fact that it refuses to load gmail and a few other sites similar to this but they all seem to be "Google powered" Google searches however are immensely slow. My PC is connected straight to a modem which is connected to multiple laptops and devices via wireless connection, the modem is then connected to an internet wall outlet thingy. as u can see i have no idea what i'm saying. Anyway, we are talking 5 minutes to search anything. I know my internet and modem are fine because everything works great on all other devices laptops, phones, etc. I have tried re installing chrome using several other browsers and removing add-ons' from browsers to no avail. I have no idea what to do and its pissing me off. I don't think words can describe my frustration.

EDIT: Gmail is now the only thing that doesn't load, it just pretends to load until i get mad and close the tab. i left it for 30 minutes or so and it appeared with the average "this website is not available" bullshit that chrome spits back at you. Otherwise websites are loading but still at a terribly slow rate. i'm guessing theres something wrong with my modem/firewall? i hate networking and modems and crap.

EDIT2: OK! finally on the stepping stones to success. websites are loading faster after rebooting all the modems and ***. Gmail still won't work

EDIT3: GOOD NEWS! FINALLY! i did absolute jack *** wile waiting for a response, when i tried loading gmail again after a long youtube sesh on mass extinction and believe it or not IT WORKED! I now don't have to blow up the world. i'm not sure how to close this thread or whatever so yeah i'll just leave it here XD

EDIT4: SCRAP EDIT3 INTERNET IS STILL STUFFED I AM GETTING REALLY MAD! if i go on youtube and press the sign in button it says couldn't reach the server. the same for battlelog it will load the main page then i click sign in or "GO" and it won't load

EDIT5:I have found out that in the current processes window (windows task manager) that some "chrome.exe's" were set to low priority, i think this could be affecting chrome as it sped up after i changed them to normal. no luck logging into battlelog though same chrome error. Gmail and youtube now work with the signing in though :)

EDIT6: I HAVE FIXED IT!!!!!!!! i changed all the chrome.exe processes to normal priority and everything is working brilliantly :D not sure why though :wahoo: I will try to close this thread now :D

Please help
cheers, F&C

tdbvk

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
It could be a number of reasons such as your DNS, Antivirus slowing it down, or other processes that are eating up the bandwidth for your wireless connection. Also, it could be a priority issue ie your wireless devices are set to have precedence over wired (directly connected devices). If you have a gaming profile on your virus protection, firewall, or a program meant to optimize your system for gaming then that may be the issue. Finally, make sure all of your drivers are up to date, especially the drivers to your network card and Windows is up to date.

Jun 30, 2012

Thanks for the reply, i will try to disable antiviruses and firewalls and see what happens :)

TRENDING THREADS