[SOLVED] Working on Updates....

ryann39

Reputable
Nov 19, 2017
Hello!
I went on my PC today to play some video games and I noticed that my PC said Update and Restart, where sleep, shut down and restart are. I clicked Update and restart and my PC started updates and said, “Working on updates...Dont turn off your PC. This will take a while” and then it said “Your PC will restart several times. Is it normal for this to happen? It is still updating now but it has restarted twice and it started about 30 min ago, and its at 89% right now. This is the first time this has really happened to me, so I am a bit worried. I have had other updates but it never said restart or this will take a while. Is everything going to be okay and is this normal?

From, Ryan

Solution
Time used installing updates usually depends on speed of cpu and storage device.
For example with fast cpu and ssd storage - installation of updates takes minutes. 10-15min on a major windows 10 update is quite normal.
On the other hand - with weak cpu and mechanical HDD installation of updates can take several hours.
Feb 6, 2020
I clicked Update and restart and my PC started updates and said, “Working on updates...Dont turn off your PC. This will take a while” and then it said “Your PC will restart several times. Is it normal for this to happen? It is still updating now but it has restarted twice and it started about 30 min ago, and its at 89% right now.

This is normal for most major version updates.

Time used installing updates usually depends on speed of cpu and storage device.
For example with fast cpu and ssd storage - installation of updates takes minutes. 10-15min on a major windows 10 update is quite normal.
On the other hand - with weak cpu and mechanical HDD installation of updates can take several hours.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS