[SOLVED] Would this be a good setup ? My last attempt was soooo bad.

Feb 21, 2019
Hi guys, I am new to this forum but have heard good things about it from friends. I hope you can be good for me too.

I am in need of upgrading my current PC that I built about 5 years ago, but I don't want to replace absolutely everything.

My current setup consists of a Sandy Bridge i5 2500k with
a Corsair H80 water cooler on
an ASUS P8Z68-V LX MoBo with
16Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz Ram.
2x Sapphire Radeon 6800 series Crossfired GPUs
2x 3rd party DVD drives
a 6 month old 1Tb WD Caviar Blue HDD
a 64Gb Crucial M4 SSD
a Corsair TX750 80 PLUS Bronze PSU
All put together in a Cooler Master Elite 430 case. For what it cost me at the time it should have been quite a good system, but it has always run like a bag of the proverbial.

This time I must get things right from the start.
I have a planned budget of £700, so by using whatever I can from my current setup means I can spend a bit more on the parts that I do need and maybe build a better system. I am prepared to go a little higher for the right setup.
My planned upgrade consists of a new MoBo Probably this one, (but I am willing to consider others)
with an M.2 Module to follow,
a new 8th gen CPU either the 8600K or the 9600K,
a new graphics card This one or This one,
some new RAM This one.
I also need a cooler but can't even decide if I want Air or Liquid cooled yet, any suggestions ?

I will be using my current PSU, it's only about 3 years old but never been pushed to anywhere near full power,
I am not too bothered about the DVD drives, just about everything is online nowadays anyway. I will be using my WD Caviar Blue Hdd and Crucial M4 SSD and the same case.

Would all these new and old parts work ok together ?, I mean the main part of the system is all new but could the HDD slow it down even with an M.2stick inside ?

All help and advice will be gratefully received and go a long way towards helping me decide on my new setup.

Best wishes,
Xant247