Would You Switch to Bing for $3 to a Good Cause?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mjello

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
Honestly this is just silly capitalist pr. Given the huge amount of money google is giving to, so huge a number of good causes, that I can't even count em. I'll continue using GOOGLE. They don't force me to do anything. They just give anyway.

Little Lost Linden

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2010
I would not switch to Bing, mainly because I think it is a stupid word. It is Microsoft's attempt to copy the uniqueness of the word Google, and it just doesn't work. Google is a much more unique word. Bing is a copy of Google and it fails miserabley.

G

So this is how Microsoft are going to win the search war? By buying us off one at a time? It will never work, come on, at $3 a head for the 6.5 Billion people on the planet they would need $19.5 BILLION DOLL...
Hmmm..

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Who's the pothead going through voting down everyone's comments that are negative about bing? Do we have a group of microsoft employees trolling the boards here or something?

Hystaspes

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
[citation][nom]shin0bi272[/nom]Who's the pothead going through voting down everyone's comments that are negative about bing? Do we have a group of microsoft employees trolling the boards here or something?[/citation]

Hey there mr. conspiracy theory! so who voted on my comment?! Really, who's the pothead that voted on my comment?! what was wrong with my comment?!
it's my own experience with Bing, i had been using google 6-7 years until 3 months ago. I switched to Bing, and i wont go back to google again. what is wrong with that?!

Icehearted

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
Not a chance. Bing keeps trying a lot of stupid gimmicks and doesn't seem to want to just promote a good search engine.

Now, if they can build their search engine to not give me 40 pages of retailer links when I search "how to calibrate lcd monitor" they'd get my attention tout de suite.

G

I used to use it a lot but not anymore since its so geared towards one people.

spiralsun1

Distinguished
May 26, 2006
They should be paying US 3.00 to use GOOGLE!! Google is a censorship monster, messes with your results and is not as good as Bing. I would never use Google because I like freedom and privacy, not to mention Bing just works better. I use Bing maps every day at work too...

G

Now they're begging to use their products? Noone wants to use them?
Google is good enough...
They got it (almost) right from the start!

Bing lost it from the beginning with their Vista looks.
They might as well give up and start under a different name, and offer good quality searches with no ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.