WoW Played in Google TV Via Cloud Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]Hard Line[/nom]yeah a router that doesn't lock up with heavy use.....like my cough wrt54g and dlink 4500 "gaming" router[/citation]

You think that's bad? i have a Thompson Modem and that bloody thing restarts for no reason at any time.

Hard Line

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
upload a 20MB video to youtube ( daughter makes music videos) and locks up the wrt54g which then locks up the 4500.i have 4 wireless clients on the wrt and 2 wired clients to the 4500 ( had to make all wireless go to 54g cuz the 4500 would lock up 15 times a day... now it locks up once or twice a day

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
If I am going to play on my big TV I want the aspect ratio at least correct. I am assuming he as the black bars on the side because it is using the monitor rez from his PC. Otherwise what is the point? To have the wrong aspect ratio and blurry graphix...hurray for nothing.

juncture

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
In that video, the creators commented that they had 50-60ms. I do not know the details of that particular internet connection setup.

whysobluepandabear

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
There is no way in hell you could doing 25 mans with this.

Once you play WoW with around 40 ms, you can NEVER go back. Everything will feel slower, delayed and just choppy.

It's like going from Katy Perry to Amy Winehouse...you'll notice a pretty big damn difference.

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
[citation][nom]Hard Line[/nom]yeah a router that doesn't lock up with heavy use.....like my cough wrt54g and dlink 4500 "gaming" router[/citation]
You're doing something wrong, or you have "dirty" power at your home. I have a dlink 4100 gaming router (same as 4500 but w/o wireless) and I powered it on in 2008. Have not rebooted it even once since then. It's been up for more than 2 years straight. I do heavy Bittorrent, WoW, and all kinds of stuff and never had a single issue. Before the Dlink 4100, I had a WRT54G. Same thing there, its uptime was measured in *years* and I never once had to reboot it.

G

Why dont you just run an HDMI cable to your TV? Because looping it through a network is novel in some way?

Hard Line

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
[citation][nom]Jsimonet[/nom]Why dont you just run an HDMI cable to your TV? Because looping it through a network is novel in some way?[/citation]

there are 5 pl in this house who heavily tax the routers. this router is known for lockups and random reboots... as for the wrt.. i have the older ver 3 which also is known for issues. (and is quite old)

the main box where my movies are stored is too far fro hdmi cable to reach the cable comes in on opposite side of the house and had to run ethernet alongside coax to the other side to get to my pc.. wireless and gaming just didn't mix..

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]You're doing something wrong, or you have "dirty" power at your home. I have a dlink 4100 gaming router (same as 4500 but w/o wireless) and I powered it on in 2008. Have not rebooted it even once since then. It's been up for more than 2 years straight. I do heavy Bittorrent, WoW, and all kinds of stuff and never had a single issue. Before the Dlink 4100, I had a WRT54G. Same thing there, its uptime was measured in *years* and I never once had to reboot it.[/citation]
I can say the same for my WRT54G, been going 6+ years strong without any trouble. My internet connection had been dropping, but I found out that the coax line for the ethernet wasn't recieving enough power. Fixed the issue and now everything is working perfectly.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]Alchemy69[/nom]So it's running on the PC and sending the image to the TV. How is that cloud computing?[/citation]
I was wondering the same thing..I think they need to make the article a little more clear.

kaosnkorruption

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
At about 1:25 in the video you can see the person tapping the left arrow key multiple times then pressing the up arrow key. You're almost fooled into believing the left arrow key presses were translating instantly to the game. However, after he has stopped tapping the left arrow and started pressing the up key, you can look at the screen and see the character do one more direction change, then start moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.